Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 46,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX] Camera green tint HTC One

Tip us?

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeevan View Post
Thanks! Attached is my init.d script that copies it over on boot.

1. In the last line, change the location of the M8 awb_cal file from /system/etc/awb_cal to wherever you put it
2. Remove the .txt extension from the filename and place it in the /system/etc/init.d folder

Optional steps
3. Script permissions should be rwxr-xr-x. In ARHD, this is automatically done on boot
4. I didn't need to set permissions on /sys, but remove the # at the front of the third last line if you need to

Things to note:
- I am running S-OFF, ARHD 71.1 and ElementalX, which means I have busybox installed and who knows what else write permissions
- The script just automates the manual steps and performs it at boot. If the manual steps aren't working for you, I don't know if this script will help
- I'm utterly confused why going SuperCID would solve the permission problem, but OK
i don't know what am i missing but i still can't make it stick after rebooting, it always reverts to the old awb_cal with green tint. :/
i'm on ARHD 71.1, s-off, supercid, with busybox installed, all requirements stated in the OP..

i also tried with the # sign in front of the third line, reverted back after reboot.
tried WITHOUT the # sign, reverted back after reboot.

please help guys..

Galactus
Old
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelo01 View Post
i don't know what am i missing but i still can't make it stick after rebooting, it always reverts to the old awb_cal with green tint. :/
i'm on ARHD 71.1, s-off, supercid, with busybox installed, all requirements stated in the OP..

i also tried with the # sign in front of the third line, reverted back after reboot.
tried WITHOUT the # sign, reverted back after reboot.

please help guys..
I mentioned on the previous page that the only way it works is if you clear cache and data for the camera app

°Dexter°
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I've tried many times this fix, but even if it gets overwritten (or I hope so, I used the script too) I see no great difference in pictures.
Is there any alternative calibration file to try? I have ov sensor, of course

gelo01
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
I mentioned on the previous page that the only way it works is if you clear cache and data for the camera app
i've already done that.. it works perfectly fine. the awb_cal really calibrates the green tint, what my problem really is every time i reboot, the old awb_cal get replaced. the init.d script that was posted pages back doesn't work for me no matter how i tried. and yes, i tried different methods as well like removing the # sign on the front of the 3rd line of the script, placing the awb_cal file in different places (/system/etc/, /sdcard/, /storage/emulated/0/, and several more). i also did all the steps in the OP and in the init.d script post. i am s-off, supercid, elementalX 14.1, ARHD 71.1..

i really don't know what am i missing here. the green tint really annoys me..

deeevan
Old
Thanks Meter 111
You're not alone. I just noticed my init.d script has stopped working. Funny thing is that I haven't flashed anything in ages, I can't even remember the last time I went into recovery. Could it have been a Play Store HTC/Google update? I'll see what I can do

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to deeevan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]