Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,473 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Hashcode: Safestrap: Custom Recovery for Locked Devices!

[RECOVERY LOCKED/NCG] Safestrap Recovery v3.75 [2014-06-26 B03]

Tip us?

jpmcnown
Old
(Last edited by jpmcnown; 19th July 2014 at 08:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlscott1111 View Post
Thanks for the info. Took the plunge and flashed alliance to the stock slot. So far so good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewebsiteisdown View Post
You'll be fine. They've been telling the s4 users to do it for awhile now and to only use it. Apparently the reboot issue / shutdown issue's a bug that he's been trying to squash but hasn't yet. My wife has the s4 and I rooted and safe strapped and flashed the hyperdrive rom to it. I want hyperdrive on this phone now that I used it for hers.
Just for clarification, the standard method of clean flashing a rom on for example, an MDK S4, was/is to first wipe Cache/Data/System/Dalvik, and optionally Internal storage. Is This going to work within SafeStrap on the S5? There's so much conflicting information, and it helps no one when many use terms used like "stock rom slot", when many are also instructed to CREATE a rom slot and call it "stock".

Is is really as simple as this?
1> Simply have a SS compatible Rom on external (SD) storage and reboot into SS
2> Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Syste/Data/Internal Storage
3> Flash SS rom to the stock rom area (not to be confused with a SafeStrap created rom slot many are calling "stock")

-Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64, Locked down like an iPhone HTC One M8 32+64 /S-off/ Unlocked/ Rooted/ Rom'd, Samsung Galaxy S5, 16+64 Again (Thanks Geohot)

thewebsiteisdown
Old
(Last edited by thewebsiteisdown; 19th July 2014 at 09:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcnown View Post
Just for clarification, the standard method of clean flashing a rom on for example, an MDK S4, was/is to first wipe Cache/Data/System/Dalvik, and optionally Internal storage. Is This going to work within SafeStrap on the S5? There's so much conflicting information, and it helps no one when many use terms used like "stock rom slot", when many are also instructed to CREATE a rom slot and call it "stock".

Is is really as simple as this?

2> Wipe Cache/Dalvik/Syste/Data/Internal Storage
3> Flash SS rom to the stock rom area (not to be confused with a SafeStrap created rom slot many are calling "stock")

-Thanks.

Yes, tweaked number 2 a little and 3 wording wise for you though to make it more straight forward.

Make a backup of your current srock rom slot first in SS!

2> Select Wipe and then Swipe to Factory Reset
3> Install SS rom to the stock rom slot (not to be confused with a SafeStrap created rom slot many are calling "stock")

It has an issue reading or accessing maybe something alone those lines I read, the memory when not on the stock rom slot that has not been figured out and fixed yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to thewebsiteisdown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

killa408shark
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Yes, tweaked number 2 a little and 3 wording wise for you though to make it more straight forward.

Make a backup of your current srock rom slot first in SS!

2> Select Wipe and then Swipe to Factory Reset
3> Install SS rom to the stock rom slot (not to be confused with a SafeStrap created rom slot many are calling "stock")

It has an issue reading or accessing maybe something alone those lines I read, the memory when not on the stock rom slot that has not been figured out and fixed yet.
I wonder if it is safe to wipe internal storage on the advance wipe menu. Or just factory reset is enough?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

thewebsiteisdown
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa408shark View Post
I wonder if it is safe to wipe internal storage on the advance wipe menu. Or just factory reset is enough?

I don't know if that's the one that you really shouldn't do or not to be honest. I know that the one I mentioned is safe... One of the options wipes out safe strap and everything... I don't know if that's it or not though.
The Following User Says Thank You to thewebsiteisdown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superrelaxx
Old
(Last edited by superrelaxx; Yesterday at 11:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by killa408shark View Post

Quote:
I don't know if that's the one that you really shouldn't do or not to be honest. I know that the one I mentioned is safe... One of the options wipes out safe strap and everything... I don't know if that's it or not though.
Safestrap is installed on /data/app.
I think wiping internal (sdcard) is ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to superrelaxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]