Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is your battery life. Please discuss here

Tip us?

gull_s_777
Old
Thanks Meter 28
my current mobile can do 10h screen on time while reading ebook at 40% brightness.
can i expect the same from M8 ??

09eric09
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
my current mobile can do 10h screen on time while reading ebook at 40% brightness.
can i expect the same from M8 ??
Definitely, I was around 10.5 hours last week while reading.

The Following User Says Thank You to 09eric09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gull_s_777
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post

Amazing
thanks a lot for sharing this shot

which reading app used?

09eric09
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
Amazing
thanks a lot for sharing this shot

which reading app used?
Universal Book Reader.
The Following User Says Thank You to 09eric09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rick1vr6
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quick question guys. I noticed after removing the phone from the charger the battery drops pretty quickly to around 90%, give or take. Then it's a normal drain from there. I leave it on the charger for about 30mins after the light turns green, then unplug it. Anyone else experiencing this and is it normal? Thanks.

sco77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This is the only smart phone I have owned so far that I can actually use and still make it through the day, very impressed to get so much battery life out of a 2600mah battery,

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1vr6 View Post
Quick question guys. I noticed after removing the phone from the charger the battery drops pretty quickly to around 90%, give or take. Then it's a normal drain from there. I leave it on the charger for about 30mins after the light turns green, then unplug it. Anyone else experiencing this and is it normal? Thanks.
Not unusual but if it's persistent I would drain the battery dry. Meaning til it turns off because it has to. I don't recommend doing this often. I try to charge my battery 20% and up. And you can add more longevity keeping the battery 20<>80%. And by longevity I mean the life of the battery itself. Today is my m8's one month birthday. I going to try charging to 100% whether it's before I goto bed and see if I can make it the next 24h or so, or when I goto bed and just pull out then. I want to try to reduce my 100% charges. Oh and since I got a little off topic, I had my battery percentage sticking at random percentages for up to 20mins but nothing other unusual happening. Since I drained it dry and charged back to 100% this has happened a lot less often.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Codrea
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post

hi how to make app usage so low? I always get at least 48%

09eric09
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codrea View Post
hi how to make app usage so low? I always get at least 48%
App usage was low because I was mostly reading. When I'm not reading my app usage is around 48%.

Rick1vr6
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Not unusual but if it's persistent I would drain the battery dry. Meaning til it turns off because it has to. I don't recommend doing this often. I try to charge my battery 20% and up. And you can add more longevity keeping the battery 20<>80%. And by longevity I mean the life of the battery itself. Today is my m8's one month birthday. I going to try charging to 100% whether it's before I goto bed and see if I can make it the next 24h or so, or when I goto bed and just pull out then. I want to try to reduce my 100% charges. Oh and since I got a little off topic, I had my battery percentage sticking at random percentages for up to 20mins but nothing other unusual happening. Since I drained it dry and charged back to 100% this has happened a lot less often.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app

Thanks for the detailed response. But it looks like my device is defective, my camera just quit working and I randomly lose 10% to 15% battery out of nowhere. Also seems pretty laggy/buggy too. I did a master reset, didn't install a single app and there's no change. Oh well, time to contact tmobile.