Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 41,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FInd 7a - battery drain and solution thread

Tip us?

benjmiester
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan10 View Post
I'm thinking of buying one of these. What is the general consensus now on battery life? Better than when the phone was first released and performing as expected or still crap?
I just got mine today. I was driving around using it for work today. Left with 95%, had an hour and 13 mins SOT including watching a 30 min TV show in my car and navigating 3 deliveries in Gmaps and viewing the info in my browser multiple times, and also taking a 10 min call, and when I got home I was at 74% still 4 hours later with doing all of that. I'd say that's pretty good. That was stock 1.2.4i Color OS but I just flashed PA 4.4.2 and will see if any better.

Sent from my find7 using XDA Free mobile app

TheMadMan10
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmiester View Post
I just got mine today. I was driving around using it for work today. Left with 95%, had an hour and 13 mins SOT including watching a 30 min TV show in my car and navigating 3 deliveries in Gmaps and viewing the info in my browser multiple times, and also taking a 10 min call, and when I got home I was at 74% still 4 hours later with doing all of that. I'd say that's pretty good. That was stock 1.2.4i Color OS but I just flashed PA 4.4.2 and will see if any better.

Thanks, I went and ordered one yesterday.

Are gestures supported on PA4.4.2?

benjmiester
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadMan10 View Post
Thanks, I went and ordered one yesterday.

Are gestures supported on PA4.4.2?

They do, but not exactly the same. If you do the V or O they open, but it wakes to the lockscreen and you have to swipe real quick then they're open right behind it. There's a music one too to skip tracks which is neat but I haven't tried yet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1406016414631.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	2864526  

TheMadMan10
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjmiester View Post
They do, but not exactly the same. If you do the V or O they open, but it wakes to the lockscreen and you have to swipe real quick then they're open right behind it. There's a music one too to skip tracks which is neat but I haven't tried yet.

Thanks for the info.

kabirjedi
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Greenify

davorado
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I turned off "live weather" on the launcher (colorOS) and the double the normal drain rate was fixed for me. I'm at 72% after 9 hours and used to be down to 30% in late afternoon.

Sent from my X9076 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Xperia Z1 [stock] /Xperia Z Ultra [PA 4.3] /Nexus 7 [CM4.3] /Nexus 10 [PA 4.3] /iPhone5 [iOS7]