Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help! WiFi disconnects/reconnects with KitKat ROMS.

Tip us?

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Help! WiFi disconnects/reconnects with KitKat ROMS.

Hi there!

My WiFi seems to disconnect and then reconnect every 5 to 10 minutes or so, after I have installed different KitKat ROMS. It happens with different ROMS.
My girlfriend also has a Note 2, and I also updated her phone with a KitKat ROM (Android Revolution HD), but her's doesn't disconnect at all.

You guys know what's happening here? I did flash latest MJ5 bootloader, but it says failed. Then I also flashed the WiFi Fix. In Download mode, Phone says, KNOX VOID: 1.
Thanks in advance.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Anyone?
It happens a lot now..sometimes. It seems a 4.4.2 rom issue in combination with my router.
Laptop doesn't disconnect, but phone of my girlfriend does as well. On her phone I also installed a 4.4.2 rom. Different one though.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1487
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxl View Post
Anyone?
It happens a lot now..sometimes. It seems a 4.4.2 rom issue in combination with my router.
Laptop doesn't disconnect, but phone of my girlfriend does as well. On her phone I also installed a 4.4.2 rom. Different one though.

Quote:
Hi there!

My WiFi seems to disconnect and then reconnect every 5 to 10 minutes or so, after I have installed different KitKat ROMS. It happens with different ROMS.
My girlfriend also has a Note 2, and I also updated her phone with a KitKat ROM (Android Revolution HD), but her's doesn't disconnect at all.

You guys know what's happening here? I did flash latest MJ5 bootloader, but it says failed. Then I also flashed the WiFi Fix. In Download mode, Phone says, KNOX VOID: 1.
Thanks in advance.
Another user from Phoenix ROM is reporting the same. WiFi keeps dropping on his phone. Which ROM did you flash on your gf's phone ? And which ROM are you using ? The guy I'm talking about first flashed a stock KK ROM and then Phoenix ROM so he's on the newest boot loader already

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

dmxl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
Another user from Phoenix ROM is reporting the same. WiFi keeps dropping on his phone. Which ROM did you flash on your gf's phone ? And which ROM are you using ? The guy I'm talking about first flashed a stock KK ROM and then Phoenix ROM so he's on the newest boot loader already
Hi, thanks for replying! My girlfriend (still) uses the Android Revolution 30, I use the SupremeKat. I plan to install SupremeKat on hers as well, after mine is configured and all.
Before that we both had Android Revolution version 19, which is still Android 4.1.2 I think. No WiFi problems at that time....

Any idea who it was that reported the same issues?
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1487
Quote:
Hi, thanks for replying! My girlfriend (still) uses the Android Revolution 30, I use the SupremeKat. I plan to install SupremeKat on hers as well, after mine is configured and all.
Before that we both had Android Revolution version 19, which is still Android 4.1.2 I think. No WiFi problems at that time....

Any idea who it was that reported the same issues?
It was @Puffin617 he flashed the official stock ROM first and then flashed the custom 4.4 rom called Phoenix ROM and he reported that the WiFi keeps dropping. I've asked one of the users on xda who has a bit more knowledge about such things that what could be causing this cause many users are complaining about battery drain and frequent WiFi drop not sure why is it only affecting a few phones when people have flashed the same stock ROM and your case a custom ROM. If I find anything useful to share I'll get back at you. Perhaps switch custom ROM? Give Dr ketan's version 7 a shot and see if that removes the WiFi issue. Good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

mimmus
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I have same problem. Stock rom - not root. It drops and reconnect every 2 or 3 minutes.