Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,193 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AT&T 4.2.2 update rolling out now!

Tip us?

angrysasquactch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmaaa View Post
Please post your bootloader details. To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines.

Sent from a crappy Samsung because my Evita died
***LOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0000
RADIO-0.17.32.09.12
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Apr 2 2012,21:08:24

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,868

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrysasquactch View Post
***LOCKED***
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.09.0000
RADIO-0.17.32.09.12
OpenDSP-v28.1.0.32.0504
eMMC-boot
Apr 2 2012,21:08:24
Cool. You also need to check your CID to make sure you don't have SuperCID. For that your gonna need adb/fastboot installed. Once you have that all setup you can issue this fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK.033 | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angrysasquactch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Cool. You also need to check your CID to make sure you don't have SuperCID. For that your gonna need adb/fastboot installed. Once you have that all setup you can issue this fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot oem readcid
That is a play store program I assume. There's a few ADB things and a couple fast reboot programs. Which one do I need? The fast reboot thing doesn't sound like a big time power user like the ADB ones do, but none say anything about fastboot so I'm a bit hesitant to just go grab the wrong one.

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,868

DONATE TO ME
It isn't a Play Store app, it's a program that you run on Windows. Google search "minimal adb and fastboot" and click the first result.

The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angrysasquactch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It isn't a Play Store app, it's a program that you run on Windows. Google search "minimal adb and fastboot" and click the first result.

OK got it installed and got my phone into usb debug mode. Using that command just leaves it stuck waiting for device. "abd devices" spits out " 'abd' is not recognized as an internal or external command..." Where am I going wrong now?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,868

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK got it installed and got my phone into usb debug mode. Using that command just leaves it stuck waiting for device. "abd devices" spits out " 'abd' is not recognized as an internal or external command..." Where am I going wrong now?
Is your phone actually in fastboot mode when giving the fastboot command? It must be booted into the bootloader and connected.

angrysasquactch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Is your phone actually in fastboot mode when giving the fastboot command? It must be booted into the bootloader and connected.

Alright, got it. Is this to check that it is in the special mode or did it put it in that non- superCID mode with the command. In any case, here's the report:

<bootloader> cid: CWS_001
OKAY [ 0.005s]
finished. total time 0.006s

Am I ready to go with the 4.2.2 now? I think I understand the method in the OP, just one thing. The vol+ and power button for stock recovery, is that the same button holding thing as to get to the bootloader or do I spam the buttons as fast as possible?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,868

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Alright, got it. Is this to check that it is in the special mode or did it put it in that non- superCID mode with the command. In any case, here's the report:

<bootloader> cid: CWS_001
OKAY [ 0.005s]
finished. total time 0.006s

Am I ready to go with the 4.2.2 now? I think I understand the method in the OP, just one thing. The vol+ and power button for stock recovery, is that the same button holding thing as to get to the bootloader or do I spam the buttons as fast as possible?
You're good to go but you don't need to follow the method in the OP, it's far more difficult. Just download the 5.18 RUU from here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_O...5.18.502.1.exe

It's a Windows program so all you do is connect your phone in bootloader mode, run the program, and follow the prompts. Make sure there are no other programs running, make sure HTC Sync Manager is uninstalled (leave the drivers though), and make sure screen saver/hibernation is turned off. Do not disconnect the cable during the update, make sure your battery in your phone is above 60%, and of you're using a laptop make sure that has enough juice too.

angrysasquactch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You're good to go but you don't need to follow the method in the OP, it's far more difficult. Just download the 5.18 RUU from here:

http://dl3.htc.com/application/HTC_O...5.18.502.1.exe

It's a Windows program so all you do is connect your phone in bootloader mode, run the program, and follow the prompts. Make sure there are no other programs running, make sure HTC Sync Manager is uninstalled (leave the drivers though), and make sure screen saver/hibernation is turned off. Do not disconnect the cable during the update, make sure your battery in your phone is above 60%, and of you're using a laptop make sure that has enough juice too.

Sweet, got it working. Thanks so much for the hand holding Guess I'll have to wait and see if my SIM issues come back, fingers crossed!

Tags
4.2.2, att, jellybean, ota, s-off