Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SS Restore Files Stock Rooted Mj5 (updated 5/15)

Tip us?

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2087
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchieboy View Post
Yeah I have the files..remember I told you it finally worked...but tried it again for something to do and while trying to restore with Safestrap the files dont show up. Its not a big deal for me bro I was just doing it for something to do. I dont think its your files I think its a SS issue was just letting you know👍

FireNote15/FireGear2
No I really appreciate it...that's extremely bizarre...hmm you didn't maybe wipe your note to flash an mf update or something right? Or do they show up in the my files still just not in ss?

Mega

butchieboy
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Just not in SS

FireNote15/FireGear2

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

No wipe bro you have taught me better then that..lol

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2087
Quote:
Just not in SS

FireNote15/FireGear2

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

No wipe bro you have taught me better then that..lol

FireNote15/FireGear2
Lol no I figured but I'm trying to figure out what changed to cause it...no name change I doubt you even opened the folder after downloading them so that's what I'm confused with...has this happened to any other backups? This is just a backup or the system wiped to stock and rooted so I'm a bit at a loss

Mega

butchieboy
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Remember a couple weeks ago was trying to restore FireNote13 and it sat there installing for over an hour. Had to do a hard rest..I dnt recommend that..reinstall SS then it worked. Didnt get a soft brick or anything..its like it restored only half of the rom because after the reset phone booted and only some of the rom was there..had root and it said FireNote13 but it only had about 10 apps showing

FireNote15/FireGear2

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2087
Quote:
Remember a couple weeks ago was trying to restore FireNote13 and it sat there installing for over an hour. Had to do a hard rest..I dnt recommend that..reinstall SS then it worked. Didnt get a soft brick or anything..its like it restored only half of the rom because after the reset phone booted and only some of the rom was there..had root and it said FireNote13 but it only had about 10 apps showing

FireNote15/FireGear2
Yea dude I'm Hella sketchy about ss...like I hate saying that because I am so grateful to Hash for it...but I hate having to hold my breath every time I reboot or do anything in ss...I can't wait to get an unlocked note 4

Mega

emilio242
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Is there a SS restore for kit kat?

megalomanic14
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2087
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio242 View Post
Is there a SS restore for kit kat?
There will be when I actually take the update to KK lol...yea I'll be making another kit or just flash firekat but your underlying system is your problem man you need to get that sorted or your gonna have serious issues

Mega