Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,629 Members 54,317 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to successfully fix “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” for GT-N7100

Tip us?

babak
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by steff195 View Post
I think that could be the problem, you doing it remotely. Tell him to do it himself. Explain him the steps (if he doesn't know how to do it), or assist it while doing it.
steff,today I have prepared with odin files necessary fields, and then I told him to shut teamweaver, open task manager and check if there were teamweaver processes, and only after clicking on the start button in odin, same result.
What I'd give to see what is wrong: (
Galaxy note 3

optimus 3d

touch pro2

qtek 9000
ROM: Laurentius26_UNI_RV4
Bootloader: 1.01 (G3)
radio 1.15

tnt4ever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Babek

you or your friend whoever is doing this process to save your beloved Note 2 from dying, please note following things

* when i was trying to flash rescue firmware i was facing different issues, some times the pit was failed while writting( around 50 % , 30% some times it turned to be 90% and failed) so dont panic this is normal, i been through all this processes once and i know there was something for sure i was missing

ask your friend to do the following

* Remove Samsung Keis from the system, keep the drivers installed, use usb ports on the back instead of front,

1- Try PIT with partition checked and rescue firmware all together, if failed in the middle or watever the % age, try to flash rescue if the flash bar went even a 1 % further,

2- if above didnt work, try rescue firmware alone with odin ( auto reboot + f reset only) make sure the id: comm is green or yellow or whatever color but not red before you start the process( means the phone is attached and detected)

if this works fine, or this process didnt worked well, give it a try number of times,

* Most important, i am not sure if your friend is goood enough to understand or not but tell him to keep the phone battery on charge ( Desktop charger) for a while to ensure good battery percentage is present, he can call you over the skype from another pc or mobile to get the guide line

if all went ok, after flashing simply flash 4.4.2 through odin and your problem will be sorted

please let us know the latest..

Quote:
Originally Posted by babak View Post
steff,today I have prepared with odin files necessary fields, and then I told him to shut teamweaver, open task manager and check if there were teamweaver processes, and only after clicking on the start button in odin, same result.
What I'd give to see what is wrong: (
Android Has Changed every thing...Even it self...!

babak
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt4ever View Post
Babek

you or your friend whoever is doing this process to save your beloved Note 2 from dying, please note following things

* when i was trying to flash rescue firmware i was facing different issues, some times the pit was failed while writting( around 50 % , 30% some times it turned to be 90% and failed) so dont panic this is normal, i been through all this processes once and i know there was something for sure i was missing

ask your friend to do the following

* Remove Samsung Keis from the system, keep the drivers installed, use usb ports on the back instead of front,

1- Try PIT with partition checked and rescue firmware all together, if failed in the middle or watever the % age, try to flash rescue if the flash bar went even a 1 % further,

2- if above didnt work, try rescue firmware alone with odin ( auto reboot + f reset only) make sure the id: comm is green or yellow or whatever color but not red before you start the process( means the phone is attached and detected)

if this works fine, or this process didnt worked well, give it a try number of times,

* Most important, i am not sure if your friend is goood enough to understand or not but tell him to keep the phone battery on charge ( Desktop charger) for a while to ensure good battery percentage is present, he can call you over the skype from another pc or mobile to get the guide line

if all went ok, after flashing simply flash 4.4.2 through odin and your problem will be sorted

please let us know the latest..
My dear friend I have tried everything that you can try, but the trial never went ahead even of one percent, never, I think if the files are intact fireware, the problem should be computer or cable or the partition of the phone believe me I tried all combinations and nothing ever happened.
but tonight I'll try once again exactly as you suggested.
Of one thing I am very pleased, however, to have met great people like you
Galaxy note 3

optimus 3d

touch pro2

qtek 9000
radio 1.15

tnt4ever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Hello

if nothing worked at all, ask your friend to take it to a local mobile repair shop, they will fix it for a free of charge € 20
this is the only solution left for you, so far i can understand at some point the one who is doing this must be aware of at least the steps to follow , missing one step will eliminate the whole process so best is to get it done by local repair shop( a software box they normally use) or if under warranty then you can get it done by service provider, or simply an insurance claim if lucky enough to have insurance
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak View Post
My dear friend I have tried everything that you can try, but the trial never went ahead even of one percent, never, I think if the files are intact fireware, the problem should be computer or cable or the partition of the phone believe me I tried all combinations and nothing ever happened.
but tonight I'll try once again exactly as you suggested.
Of one thing I am very pleased, however, to have met great people like you

mortallkombat
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I flashed my note 2 two days ago with Malaysian kit kat rom dt I downloaded from sammobile n it has refused to come on since then.

I was previously on 4.3 Malaysian rom too with Philz recovery n de knoxed using Dr. Ketan's multi tool n also rooted with d multi tool.....

This is where I got stuck after flashing d kit kat .....see d screen shot attached below..

I can't reboot or get past that screen....no matter what I do I come back 2 d screen

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.....

I really need help on d way forward.... thanks for ur anticipated contributions

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404509164396.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	2833019  

chatoid
Old
(Last edited by chatoid; 17th July 2014 at 12:09 AM.) Reason: Addition
Thanks Meter 0
Nice one mate, you saved my lil vein popping on my head from frustration, thankyou

Although I couldn't get the 4.1 to flash, even after up-teen attempts (?)....So instead I flashed philz touch recovery which didn't work until I re flashed it with the auto-root box unticked.

Then deleted Dalvic cache and cache and installed a back up of 4,3....After completion and reboot-as already mentioned-no IMEI so done an EFS recovery from a back up and all was good in the world.

Tried to flash mj5 again and was back to square one- “Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue” so instead of adding the 4.1 and pit at the same time I just flashed the pit file but using Odin3_v3.04 instead of 3.07 and it rebooted straight to the OS.

I done that a few times while attempting to flash mj5 bootloaders so my point is if anyone has the Firmware issue it might be worth trying to flash the pit file by itself using odin 3.04 first...to see if your lucky and it boots straight back to your system without having to install different roms.

tnt4ever much appreciated... was wondering, did you ever manage to install an mj5 bootloader or a bootloader for Kit Kat?...I dunno if it's something stupid I'm doing wrong because I cant do it...nearest I've got is this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588557 but that is for 4.3 and I want to install DN3 4.4 again but be able to charge with phone off.... any suggestions???

Note:- Downloaded the ND3 Bootloader ready to install after I'd installed the 4.4 you provided a link for and a Bootloader is already included with it...My Bad... Thanks alot tnt4ever.Respects!

chatoid
Old
(Last edited by chatoid; 17th July 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default irdhese mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortallkombat View Post
I flashed my note 2 two days ago with Malaysian kit kat rom dt I downloaded from sammobile n it has refused to come on since then.

I was previously on 4.3 Malaysian rom too with Philz recovery n de knoxed using Dr. Ketan's multi tool n also rooted with d multi tool.....

This is where I got stuck after flashing d kit kat .....see d screen shot attached below..

I can't reboot or get past that screen....no matter what I do I come back 2 d screen

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app.....

I really need help on d way forward.... thanks for ur anticipated contributions

Sent from my Z10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hi, tnt4ever will probably know more but previously being on a malay 4,3 I assume you were on boot loader N7100XXUENA1?...Either way I'd suggest flashing Philz Touch using Odin and then using it to install a backup,,,,if you have one...but if not install the official N7100XXUENA1 Android 4.3 Firmware and start again (install CWM or Twerp, root, flash the rom you want).

You haven't got a 'Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue' so should be fairly easy from the point you are now, could even Flash the 4.4 provided by tnt4ever!

Cheers.

tnt4ever
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
happy to see another Note 2 Owner is out of trouble
thanks for the feed back, just need head and eyes to read...!
like the way people help other community membes..
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatoid View Post
Hi, tnt4ever will probably know more but previously being on a malay 4,3 I assume you were on boot loader N7100XXUENA1?...Either way I'd suggest flashing Philz Touch using Odin and then using it to install a backup,,,,if you have one...but if not install the official N7100XXUENA1 Android 4.3 Firmware and start again (install CWM or Twerp, root, flash the rom you want).

You haven't got a 'Firmware Upgrade encountered an issue' so should be fairly easy from the point you are now, could even Flash the 4.4 provided by tnt4ever!

Cheers.

babak
Old
Thanks Meter 29
hi guys, I wanted to update you on my situation, my friend has solved the problem with 80 euro and assistance samsung, could not do otherwise, they asked him the money because the phone appeared as amended.
Galaxy note 3

optimus 3d

touch pro2

qtek 9000
radio 1.15

Taxarod
Old
(Last edited by Taxarod; 24th July 2014 at 02:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I'm currently downloading the file and attempting to fix my N7100 with this. Hopefully it works so I don't have to buy a new one. Will post results.

Edit:

Thank you very much OP. Just like you I tried to do both the firmware and the PIT. Didn't work.

What I did was run the PIT first, that worked. And then sucessfully flashed the firmware. I'm now going to attempt to upgrade it to a pre rooted stock rom. Let me know if I can buy you a beer ey!