Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 40,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tab 3 8 official kikat update (T310) + root instrucions

Tip us?

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by clemmie View Post
I've had great success with the vlc player video app. I actually switched it to my default. Give that a shot.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app
Cool, I like the video sound effects☺
But I still think the original jb video player is in it's own league because its more easy to use and the ui is more neater. But thanks I love this vlc player. I totally forgot about it when I upgraded to kitkat.☺
If anybody could still try to get the old jb video player back for us, it will be much appreciated. 😆
And if anyone needs help with any of this kitkat upgrade stuff, I would be glad to help.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Mx player is even better. With the s/w audio decoder you can boost the sound up to number 30 which is exactly 200% louder volume without sound distortion. ☺☺☺

I think that is all to kitkat and it's safe to upgrade.😆☺😆

Sent from my expensive toaster using XDA Free mobile app😅

marek_poland
Old
Thanks Meter 23
But on JB's video player there was really great drivers. In my opinion with the Dolby there was awesome bass booster on tablet's speakers, which isn't present on actual KitKat builds video player, especially in MxPlayer which I'm using.
Sorry for bad English
Best greetings

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek_poland View Post
But on JB's video player there was really great drivers. In my opinion with the Dolby there was awesome bass booster on tablet's speakers, which isn't present on actual KitKat builds video player, especially in MxPlayer which I'm using.
Sorry for bad English
Best greetings

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
Yea! We need the jb video player! ☺☺☺
Can anyone get it for us?
I tried every player but the jb video player stands out of them all.
Faria? Anyone? Unfortunately I'm not a developer.😢
And if someone can get it for us then everyone gains benefit from it.
Please help us in this regard. ☺

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Free mobile app

lin_ux
Old
(Last edited by lin_ux; 23rd July 2014 at 06:01 PM.) Reason: to enclose the quoted text correctly
Thanks Meter 1
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Uzzi View Post
Yea! We need the jb video player! ☺☺☺
Can anyone get it for us?
I tried every player but the jb video player stands out of them all.
Faria? Anyone? Unfortunately I'm not a developer.😢
And if someone can get it for us then everyone gains benefit from it.
Please help us in this regard. ☺
I've managed to get hold of the Video Player from JellyBean if anyone wants to have a go at trying to install it in KitKat.
Please let us know how it goes, and how you managed to achieve it.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SecTabletVideoPlayer.apk - [Click for QR Code] (10.00 MB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to lin_ux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

007Uzzi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=lin_ux;54349702]
Quote:

I've managed to get hold of the Video Player from JellyBean if anyone wants to have a go at trying to install it in KitKat.
Unfortunately it doesn't work.
It first said "application not installed" when the I was installing the apk as an update to the original video app.
When placed it in the system/app, it says parsing error, when trying to install from that directory.
I'm not an android expert but I think someone will have to "port" it for us.
Nice try though, @lin_ux

Sent from my Kitkat wrapper ☺

Smokey Mc Pot
Old
Thanks Meter 56
[QUOTE=lin_ux;54349702]
Quote:

Thank you for sharing!
(Reason for the 👍deserved.)
I'm not really bothered about the Video apk.

What I'm actually looking for, is the "Dolby" apk that was part of the JB firmware.
Can you share that?
I tried looking for it everywhere in the net, but didn't found any compatible for the Samsung Tab yet...

I don't understand why samsung removed it from the firmware?!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

lin_ux
Old
Thanks Meter 1
[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Mc Pot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lin_ux View Post
Thank you for sharing!
(Reason for the 👍deserved.)
I'm not really bothered about the Video apk.

What I'm actually looking for, is the "Dolby" apk that was part of the JB firmware.
Can you share that?
I tried looking for it everywhere in the net, but didn't found any compatible for the Samsung Tab yet...

I don't understand why samsung removed it from the firmware?!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the "Thanks"
I'm in the same boat as you guys, I've already upgraded to KitKat so I don't actually have any of the old JellyBean app versions anymore on my T310.
I obtained the file I posted above from asking for it on another forum which somebody kindly extracted from their device. I tried to install it myself but had no joy, but thought it worth posting here for others to try just in case.
It looks like we are not going to be able to revert to the old video player, and getting the Dolby function back again will be a struggle, maybe not even possible, which is a shame. Having the Dolby feature made media playback using the built-in speakers sound so much better.

Other than the missing Dolby, my installation of KK is running pretty good, I'v made several system tweaks and removed a huge number of the Samsung apps to make it leaner. The first thing I had to do was turn off the stupid KK permissions for the SD card so that it is accessible fro all apps and works like it does in JellyBean.