Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Backups + OTA's

Tip us?

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzworth View Post
Thank you very much for the quick help. To stop the constant rebooting, I restored my initial backup from when I rooted the phone in the first place. So I'm effectively back to square one of being rooted.

The first time I tried the stock recovery installation, I downloaded the entire zip file (1.54.651.8-Stock) and when I extracted the files I was left with "boot.emmc.win" , "boot.emmc.win.md5" , "system.ext4.win000" , "system.ext4.win000.md5" , "system.ext4.win001" , and "system.ext4.win001.md5"

I then copied all these files and went into my phone's internal storage (TWRP>BACKUPS>SERIAL#) and then compiled the files into one folder which I named "stock recovery." I'm not sure if naming the folder caused problems?

Anyway, I was still able to go into recovery and select "stock recovery" to restore. It took a minute and went through the whole process and said successful and I thought everything was gravy but when I tried installing the update it took me back into TWRP.

If you noticed anything I did wrong please let me know! Again, I cannot thank you enough for your help.

Edit: I should mention I'm on the standard m8, not the HK
There was no need to open the file. Simply download the first file (the one named 0P6BIMG) to your external SD card. Don't place it in any folders. Reboot to the bootloader. You should be in Fastboot mode, at which time you can press the power button to swap to Hboot mode. The bootloader will scan for the recovery file on your external SD card and ask if you want to update. Just follow the directions on screen. Once complete you should have the stock recovery installed.

chezzworth
Old
(Last edited by chezzworth; Yesterday at 10:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_Enforcer View Post
There was no need to open the file. Simply download the first file (the one named 0P6BIMG) to your external SD card. Don't place it in any folders. Reboot to the bootloader. You should be in Fastboot mode, at which time you can press the power button to swap to Hboot mode. The bootloader will scan for the recovery file on your external SD card and ask if you want to update. Just follow the directions on screen. Once complete you should have the stock recovery installed.
OK I've downloaded 0P6BIMG.zip and you're saying I don't need to extract the files, but rather just paste the whole zip into my SD card?

EDIT: I've done it! Thank you so much for the help Magnum Enforcer

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezzworth View Post
OK I've downloaded 0P6BIMG.zip and you're saying I don't need to extract the files, but rather just paste the whole zip into my SD card?

EDIT: I've done it! Thank you so much for the help Magnum Enforcer
Glad to help

Cataract2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone have the stock recovery for the HTC One M8 Sprint 1.54.651.10?

Magnum_Enforcer
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cataract2 View Post
Does anyone have the stock recovery for the HTC One M8 Sprint 1.54.651.10?
Use the stock recovery from the previous update that's posted in the OP.

Sent from my HTC M8