Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 40,937 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EVERYTHING SPRINT Galaxy S4 Model SPH-L720T

Tip us?

bgmg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
All, Finally fixed the last post 710. Should make more sense now. Please re-read and post comment if you can.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app. Tap here to vist the Sprint GS4 Model 720T thread.

JerryGNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmg View Post
Question: How can you tell if you have a voice mail on these GS4 720Ts? I can see I have a missed call but I can't tell if the caller left a message (voice mail) without dialing in to voice mail each time and checking.

I have it set to make knock sounds and vibrate (see pic below) but it's not happening.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Have you set up Visual Voicemail?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-13-27-03.png
Views:	23
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	2867112   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-13-29-38.png
Views:	22
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	2867113   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-23-13-29-03.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	145.0 KB
ID:	2867114  
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."

bgmg
Old
(Last edited by bgmg; Yesterday at 10:38 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC View Post
Have you set up Visual Voicemail?
No because visual voice mail requires a monthly subscription fee after the trail period.

Should not the phone tell me with an indicator when someone has left a voice mail so that I know to check it?

From what I understand, Visual Voice mail is basically a audio to character recognition that converts the audio voice mail to text so that I read the voicemail on my screen with out having to dial in to voice mail like in the middle of a meeting.

I just want to know when some one has left a message so that I know to check it.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app. Tap here to vist the Sprint GS4 Model 720T thread.

JerryGNYC
Old
Thanks Meter 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmg View Post
No because visual voice mail requires a monthly subscription fee after the trail period.

Should not the phone tell me with an indicator when someone has left a voice mail so that I know to check it?

From what I understand, Visual Voice mail is basically a audio to character recognition that converts the audio voice mail to text so that I read the voicemail on my screen with out having to dial in to voice mail like in the middle of a meeting.

I just want to know when some one has left a message so that I know to check it.

I don't pay for those premium features, I just hit cancel after the free trials expire. Never had a problem with billing (just checked a statement to make sure).

The Visual Voicemail app downloads a recording of the voicemail and lets you listen to it "locally". You can file them or delete them (there's a trash folder too). If you don't have a good 'net connection, then you have to call in.

And that's the icon I get for voicemails in the screenshot.
"Common sense is on perpetual backorder..."
Devices: SPH-L720T NC6 | HTC EVO 4G LTE, HW Rev 0003, S-OFF | Asus TF101 HW B70
>>> If you've found any post helpful, please press its "THANKS" button <<<
Thanks to all the devs (ROMs, mods, themes, apps, etc.) who make our devices great(er)!
"I am NOT who I look like..."
The Following User Says Thank You to JerryGNYC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bgmg
Old
(Last edited by bgmg; Today at 03:53 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGNYC View Post
I don't pay for those premium features, I just hit cancel after the free trials expire. Never had a problem with billing (just checked a statement to make sure).

The Visual Voicemail app downloads a recording of the voicemail and lets you listen to it "locally". You can file them or delete them (there's a trash folder too). If you don't have a good 'net connection, then you have to call in.

And that's the icon I get for voicemails in the screenshot.
Hmm, well I will defrost it and give it another wirl. It still seems like the notification should work regardless of visual voice mail being enabled. I'd prefer the voice mails not be downloaded. I'd rather call in and listen when I'm ready and just get a beep or something when I have a voice mail, like the good ole cell phone days.

GAPO
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Sprint s4. Software version l720tvpubnc6. Can anyone recommend a good stock based ROM? Seeking stability and battery life. Any sub lb best ions welcome thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Tags
galaxy, gs4, mk5, root, sprint