OP spc_hicks09

24th April 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,762

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyone else had this issue? I used the Saferoot method to root my Note 2 on MJ9 (OTA) and now my wifi will not turn on at all. Tried a factory reset, downloading the MJ9 tar right now but really wanted to find out the cause of this, and if there's a fix without having to Odin?

The person that created the Saferoot method stated to someone else with the same issue that "Installing Saferoot will NOT break your wifi." Well it did. I didn't install Safestrap yet or any ROMs, or anything else. I used Saferoot, rebooted, no wifi. Any thoughts?
24th April 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

Anyone else had this issue? I used the Saferoot method to root my Note 2 on MJ9 (OTA) and now my wifi will not turn on at all. Tried a factory reset, downloading the MJ9 tar right now but really wanted to find out the cause of this, and if there's a fix without having to Odin?

The person that created the Saferoot method stated to someone else with the same issue that "Installing Saferoot will NOT break your wifi." Well it did. I didn't install Safestrap yet or any ROMs, or anything else. I used Saferoot, rebooted, no wifi. Any thoughts?

I haven't had a issue with rooting my MJ9 base on 4.3Jb Ive done the rooting and the wifi works and my signal also works. mabe the root file you downloaded is no good if anything you wanna work on it together?
24th July 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
Quote:

i didnt do the safestrap method but i have lost wifi any updat on how you got it back????
24th July 2014, 04:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Marion, OH
Thanks Meter: 1,762

3,472 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by recognize_atm

i didnt do the safestrap method but i have lost wifi any updat on how you got it back????

When I rooted, I noticed that I had wifi on, not sure if that was the cause or not. I restored to stock with wifi off, then did everything else with wifi off, and was good to go. Hope that helps!
24th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 7

65 posts
Quote:

When I rooted, I noticed that I had wifi on, not sure if that was the cause or not. I restored to stock with wifi off, then did everything else with wifi off, and was good to go. Hope that helps!

smh yea when i went back unrooted to LJB i didnt check to see if i hade wifi
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread