Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from freeza: 2.16b update released.

[ROM|NC5D|KitKat|4.4.2] Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.16b -BeastMode Kernel-

Tip us?

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurominican View Post
Donation Sent (Unique Transaction ID #3SL58893SW739892E)

I had a hard time figuring out how to remove sound form the boot up/down animation secuence and also putting in a custom one (I had done this in the past but completely forgot how to on this phone). Heres what I found out and posted in this AWESOME bootanimation thread :

The boot animation is named "SPR_bootsamsung.qmg" and "SPR_bootsamsungloop.qmg" I deleted bootsamsungloop.qmg and bootsamsung.qmg since the phone does not use them and the sound files are located in /system/media/audio/ui theres 2 files there "PowerOn.ogg" and "PowerOff.ogg" and inside theres another folder called SPR with another "PowerOn.ogg" I dont know if it makes a difference but I created empty files with root explorer and replaced each of those so I dont have have boot or shutdown sound.. Hope this helps. It took me a while to figure this out.

Im also happy to announce that my battery life went back to being great after i did a complete wipe and started over. However, I held off on setting up my work activesync email. I just finished setting it up again with @micmars suggested inverted app. Lets see how that goes.

Thank you guys for such an awesome ROM and the support by the community here specially @micmars !!
Man, I'm going to have to try that. I've always been content using the boot animation, but it seems like going the extra steps in that thread pays off.

Thanks for confirming.

Hope you are enjoying this awesome rom.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

miguelfp1
Old
Thanks Meter 132
good morning @micmars, would you happen to know if there's a way to bump up the minimum brightness level when auto-brightness is enabled?

eurominican
Old
(Last edited by eurominican; 22nd July 2014 at 08:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 156
I'm happy to confirm battery life is back to being good. For what I can tell, the 2 things I did differently this time is flash the email fc fix from the op and manually replace the email app with the inverted one instead of flashing them. Good stuff!!

Screenshot was taken just now with heavy usage from the start like gps in car dock mode, bad service area etc

Nexus 5 -=- Note 3
The Following User Says Thank You to eurominican For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GavinMazey
Old
Thanks Meter 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelfp1 View Post
good morning @micmars, would you happen to know if there's a way to bump up the minimum brightness level when auto-brightness is enabled?
Hello I have always felt the auto brightness just wasn't right, too bright in the dark not bright enough in the light. You have 2 easy options that I know of.
1. Wanam Xposed has a option under theme that adds a +5 -5 adjustment to autobrightness. this feature only seems to work on this fre3 for me.
2. Lux from the playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...assisi.luxlite let's you fine tune autobrightness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

miguelfp1
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinMazey View Post
Hello I have always felt the auto brightness just wasn't right, too bright in the dark not bright enough in the light. You have 2 easy options that I know of.
1. Wanam Xposed has a option under theme that adds a +5 -5 adjustment to autobrightness. this feature only seems to work on this fre3 for me.
2. Lux from the playstore. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...assisi.luxlite let's you fine tune autobrightness.
Thanks for the reply! I'll download and try Lux, as the Wanam method didn't work for me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miguelfp1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelfp1 View Post
Thanks for the reply! I'll download and try Lux, as the Wanam method didn't work for me.
Good luck, and glad you got the info you wanted.

Please let me know how that app works for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eurominican
Old
Thanks Meter 156
OK I think I have the setup I want with this rom. There's several xposed modules that come with the rom but they are in the system. Can they be manually removed without causing issues since they cannot be simply uninstalled? I don't want to botch anything. Thanks in advance!

Nexus 5 -=- Note 3

micmars
Old
Thanks Meter 8804
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurominican View Post
OK I think I have the setup I want with this rom. There's several xposed modules that come with the rom but they are in the system. Can they be manually removed without causing issues since they cannot be simply uninstalled? I don't want to botch anything. Thanks in advance!

Disabling them after clearing app caches from app manager should suffice. For extra effort, you can uninstall updates first.

If a version 2.17 is released, and any updated version has hit since 2.16b, a new one will be dropped into system.

They take up very little space, and you're perhaps better off than deleting them entirely.

Those happen to be the ones I have also disabled.

You can delete them safely, but it could be a game of doing it again with the next update.

Still, I'd just leave them deselected.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

figgyfig
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1378 View Post
I was totally gonna go there next!!!! Stole my thunder!!
Did not work guys 😕... I even tried a different rom and reflashed this rom and still the same issue. I know it not the rom, but I can't figure out why my GPS is stuck searching after I rooted.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app