Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S5 status bar Mod with Carrier 4G/4G LTE Icons

Tip us?

denson9874
Old
(Last edited by denson9874; 20th June 2014 at 01:11 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Default S5 status bar Mod with Carrier 4G/4G LTE Icons

Hey XDA users,

Through some playing around in the build.prop, I found a way to achieve two things I was trying to do. I hope some of you guys may find this beneficial as well. So here it is:

All you have to do is this:

(1) Locate your build.prop in /system/build.prop
(2) Open in Text Editor
(3) Locate these lines in build.prop:
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
(4) Rename them to [ jfltetmo ] for T-Mobile and [ jflteatt ] for AT&T
(5) Save these changes and exit
(6) Reboot to save changes

If there are any issues with this tweak, then I will do my best to help. Thank you guys and enjoy. If there any other alternatives to this method, then I will add it here.

UPDATE: Step (4) Rename them to
[ jfltetmo ] or [ jflteatt ]

You may also use kltetmo and klteatt but be sure to not have any mods flashed over this change or you will have a overlay on top of your quick settings icons.

I myself am on T-Mobile and I also tried AT&T, but if you have other carriers than these, then by all means give it a try with your carrier and see if this works for you and post your screenies here so that way others may learn as well
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to denson9874 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apoplectic1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
It looks fine until you select it. Once you do, it does not highlight the actual icon itself, but another highlighted icon it superimposes on it.

I then looked at the original values I had written down before editing them and the ro.product.name was jflteuc and the ro.product.device was jflteatt. I tried editing the altered ro.product.name to klteuc to jive with the original format, but still no dice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Apoplectic1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

denson9874
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Yeah I just took notice to it myself and I will have to edit the name to jfltetmo or jflteatt. These were also able to accomplish the same thing only without the superimposed images. Updating post right now.
Thanks for letting me know

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to denson9874 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Apoplectic1
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by denson9874 View Post
Yeah I just took notice to it myself and I will have to edit the name to jfltetmo or jflteatt. These were also able to accomplish the same thing only without the superimposed images. Updating post right now.
Thanks for letting me know

I stand corrected. Your original way was correct, I had another mod for my Quick Settings icons that was interfering with it (this mod to be exact: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665094). When I flashed just an unedited ROM to the phone and renamed both the ro.product.name and the ro.product.device to klteatt it works perfectly.

I actually like this one better tbh, it feels more complete.

denson9874
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoplectic1 View Post
I stand corrected. Your original way was correct, I had another mod for my Quick Settings icons that was interfering with it (this mod to be exact: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2665094). When I flashed just an unedited ROM to the phone and renamed both the ro.product.name and the ro.product.device to klteatt it works perfectly.

I actually like this one better tbh, it feels more complete.
Yeah that's what I was thinking it just seems so much more clean and original. Can't get anymore original than from Samsung themselves.

samgalaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by denson9874 View Post
Hey XDA users,

Through some playing around in the build.prop, I found a way to achieve two things I was trying to do. I hope some of you guys may find this beneficial as well. So here it is:

All you have to do is this:

(1) Locate your build.prop in /system/build.prop
(2) Open in Text Editor
(3) Locate these lines in build.prop:
ro.product.name
ro.product.device
(4) Rename them to [ jfltetmo ] for T-Mobile and [ jflteatt ] for AT&T
(5) Save these changes and exit
(6) Reboot to save changes

If there are any issues with this tweak, then I will do my best to help. Thank you guys and enjoy. If there any other alternatives to this method, then I will add it here.
When I try to save this it says "Error occurred when trying to save the file. It will not be saved." I am using ES File Explorer and I have an SGH-I337 w/ AT&T & rooted w/ Towel Root.

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1,497

DONATE TO ME
Nice! I was hoping there was a S5 Rom out for the S4. But I don't see one. I tried this on stock rooted AT&T But no dice. I'm gonna try Downloading a custom Rom and try this again. I think they look much cleaner than the stock icons.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER