[TOOL][TF300T|TF700T|ME301T|N5] Transformer Toolkit v4.1.1

Search This thread

berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Hi there,

I don't know if my frustration is just getting the better of me but earlier this evening fastbooted twrp 2.6.3 for the tf700t and loaded it. Its on because I can boot into recovery but its doing nothing. I cannot backup( it just fails everything and says unsuccessful ( E:failed to mount /data (no such file or directory)) and when I tried to load crombi-kk it cannot even find the rom folder I created. What I'd like to do is upgrade using this toolkit and load the 2.7.1.1 version. Maybe that would give me better results. So my question is how do I remove the 2.6 before I install the 2.7 through this toolkit?
Careful now! If you're getting frustrated it's time to stop and start again another day!
If you successfully flashed TWRP 2.6.3. in fastboot there is no need for this tool. It won't do anything better than you did in fastboot.
What bootloader do you have installed and is it TWRP 2.6.3.0. or 2.6.3.1 you're running?
What rom did you have installed before this?
If TWRP can't mount /data you may have to format data for it to recognize it, but you would loose any data you don't have backed up.
Proceed slowly here. You still have a working recovery (somewhat) - don't bork it!

Splitshot

Jun 7, 2013
Winnipeg
Found my problem. Stupid, stupid me. So on the teamwin Website I chose the one at the top making the assumption it was the latest. Why wouldn't it be? Nope. The latest is 2.7.1.1 and it's located at the bottom. Refreshed that through this toolbox and life is good. Sorry for wasting get peoples time with my noob mistake. Now it's time to work on this bootloop.

Careful now! If you're getting frustrated it's time to stop and start again another day!
If you successfully flashed TWRP 2.6.3. in fastboot there is no need for this tool. It won't do anything better than you did in fastboot.
What bootloader do you have installed and is it TWRP 2.6.3.0. or 2.6.3.1 you're running?
What rom did you have installed before this?
If TWRP can't mount /data you may have to format data for it to recognize it, but you would loose any data you don't have backed up.
Proceed slowly here. You still have a working recovery (somewhat) - don't bork it!

ric1487

Sep 5, 2012
Aibonito
Toolkit

Hi all, where is the video or tutorial for this toolkit, i really want to see it ! thanks in advance !!:highfive:

dlmorel

May 21, 2006
Getting a new TF700...

ok, I pulled a bone headed move and left my old TF700 on my car roof the other day. I am buying a new one and want to get up and running with a up to date rom, was using Crombi-kk before the loss. I have no idea what I went through 18 months ago when I unlocked and rooted it originally. I am asking if this program will do all that I need to get from the original unlocked TF700 to using Crombi-kk? Do I need to do something before using this program?

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
ok, I pulled a bone headed move and left my old TF700 on my car roof the other day. I am buying a new one and want to get up and running with a up to date rom, was using Crombi-kk before the loss. I have no idea what I went through 18 months ago when I unlocked and rooted it originally. I am asking if this program will do all that I need to get from the original unlocked TF700 to using Crombi-kk? Do I need to do something before using this program?
STOP! Before you buy another TF700, seriously consider to get the TF701 - it's so much better! [emoji12] [emoji106]

But to answer your question: Yes this tool will get you up and running. Just check that your bootloader is 10.6.1.14.10. If not just OTA update to the latest Asus firmware, then run this tool.
The recoveries packaged with it are compatible with KitKat roms although they are not the latest version. But it's easy enough to update once installed....

Last edited:

dlmorel

May 21, 2006
Thanks, might do that. Does the 700 keyboard work with the 701?

I appreciate the answer so quick and will do what you say! Thanks again!

STOP! Before you buy another TF700, seriously consider to get the TF701 - it's so much better! [emoji12] [emoji106]

But to answer your question: Yes this tool will get you up and running. Just check that your bootloader is 10.6.1.14.10. If not just OTA update to the latest Asus firmware, then run this tool.
The recoveries packaged with it are compatible with KitKat roms although they are not the latest version. But it's easy enough to update once installed....

---------- Post added at 11:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I looked it up and it doesn't, but I went for it anyway. Will buy the keyboard later. Thanks again!

Thanks, might do that. Does the 700 keyboard work with the 701?

I appreciate the answer so quick and will do what you say! Thanks again!

blackmambazzz

Jul 10, 2012
Update 3.2.0 is out

Just an minor adb and fastboot update for this tool :D
I also uploaded the latest TWRP and Philz recoveries for the TF700T, TF300T, ME301T and the Nexus 5.

Reactions: berndblb

blackmambazzz

Jul 10, 2012
Hi,

Is possible to have an update with TWRP 2.8.4.0?
Please :)

Thanks
Sorry, the screenshot shows the old TWRP version. TWRP 2.8.4.0 is already included in the current version of this toolkit. It always downloads the newest version from my Google Drive.
So just download the toolkit and you will see TWRP 2.8.4.0.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

TheDrgizzmo

Dec 9, 2011
OnePlus 5
i use this toolkit, and download & install the drivers, but the device still unknown and didn't recognize fastboot, i think i wipe the system and now the tablet don't have the fastboot files for connect with the pc... how can i solve it?
i can acces to the teamwin recovery, but don't recognize de microsd or sd on keyboard... why?

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
i use this toolkit, and download & install the drivers, but the device still unknown and didn't recognize fastboot, i think i wipe the system and now the tablet don't have the fastboot files for connect with the pc... how can i solve it?
i can acces to the teamwin recovery, but don't recognize de microsd or sd on keyboard... why?

Sorry that you have this problem, but this is totally the wrong place to post it.
Your problem does not have anything to do with this toolkit and this is the development section. Your problem belongs in Q&A.
Find an existing thread where somebody posted a similar problem and post your problem there. But with a LOT more detail.
If your tablet is not recognized in fastboot - how did you flash TWRP to it???
What exactly did you wipe and from where?
What can you access on your tablet and what not?
The more detail you provide, the better your chances to find help.
But not here.....

Reactions: blackmambazzz

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
Is there a previous version of this toolkit compatible with old android ice cream sandwich?
I need to reflash TWRP and the fastboot method does not work :(

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
Why doesn't it work? What is the error?

Some days ago I installed the ICS stock ROM from TWRP and it worked, but then I decided to try a different ROM and I discovered TWRP was gone for good.
Now the recovery is the stock one.
Impossible to reflash TWRP from Android (tried TWRP manager and another couple of Android tools but all apps hangs.
The transformer toolkit 3.2.1 says Android 4.0.3 is too old.
The fastboot method always fails with error "Failed: Too many links." and "Failed to process command error (0x120000)".
Tried to uninstall/reinstall ADB drivers, tried different cable and different USB port but error is always the same.
This is why I wanted to find an older version of Transformer Toolkit which is compatible with ICS, so that I can flash TWRP.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Some days ago I installed the ICS stock ROM from TWRP and it worked, but then I decided to try a different ROM and I discovered TWRP was gone for good.
Now the recovery is the stock one.
Impossible to reflash TWRP from Android (tried TWRP manager and another couple of Android tools but all apps hangs.
The transformer toolkit 3.2.1 says Android 4.0.3 is too old.
The fastboot method always fails with error "Failed: Too many links." and "Failed to process command error (0x120000)".
Tried to uninstall/reinstall ADB drivers, tried different cable and different USB port but error is always the same.
This is why I wanted to find an older version of Transformer Toolkit which is compatible with ICS, so that I can flash TWRP.

fastboot should work regardless. You haven't changed the bootloader have you?

What is the command you are typing in to flash it?

Reactions: nephtys59

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
fastboot should work regardless. You haven't changed the bootloader have you?

What is the command you are typing in to flash it?

The situation has changed. I managed from stock recovery to install latest asus stock rom JB renaming file to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip.
Transformer Toolkit however hangs during attempt to flash recovery.
After reinstalling ADB and drivers for the nth time, I manage to use the fastboot method and the recovery flash is (apparently) successful.
The command is the right one:

Clipboard-1.jpg

Tablet loads OS android and works, but if I try to reboot in recovery mode, it is stuck on booting recovery kernel image.
I think I have broken enough my head for today, I will try again tomorrow with fresh mind.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
The situation has changed. I managed from stock recovery to install latest asus stock rom JB renaming file to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip.
Transformer Toolkit however hangs during attempt to flash recovery.
After reinstalling ADB and drivers for the nth time, I manage to use the fastboot method and the recovery flash is (apparently) successful.
The command is the right one:

Clipboard-1.jpg

Tablet loads OS android and works, but if I try to reboot in recovery mode, it is stuck on booting recovery kernel image.
I think I have broken enough my head for today, I will try again tomorrow with fresh mind.

More likely the version of TWRP is not compatible with the later bootloader - which version have you flashed?

Reactions: nephtys59

nephtys59

Sep 9, 2012
More likely the version of TWRP is not compatible with the later bootloader - which version have you flashed?

I have tried different versions of TWRP and CWM, starting from the latest available versions but none seems to work.
My bootloader is 1.00e released by ww_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801 a03.
In the end, I have an unlocked device, an updated bootloader, a working jelly bean rom, but no recovery and transformer toolkit does not help :(
I will check how I can solve this. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to share this tool for our community.
    Hopefully this tool will help beginners to unlock their devices and flash a recovery as easily as possible.
    I know its when you are new to all this stuff like adb or fastboot and you don´t know how to use cmd.

But this tool is also very useful for all advanced users out there if you want to flash a recovery without losing time tipping the commands in cmd.

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by this tool. No warranties of any kind are given.
    You should know what happens when you are unlocking. Warranty will be void ...

Transformer Toolkit
    transformer_toolkit_screenshot.png

Features
    • Install the ADB drivers for you tablet
    • Flash the TWRP recovery
    • Flash you own recovery.img or recovery.blob
    • Install the unlock tool from Asus
    • Reboot your device (fastboot and adb)
    • Save a screenshot on your PC
    • Save the logcat on your PC

Downloads
    Transformer Toolkit v4.1.1 (2.68 MB)

Installation
    Just download and execute the "Transformer Toolkit.exe"
    Maybe you need to download the .NET Framework 4.6.1

Changelog and Source Code
    Changelog and source code can be found here
    I have some important points for your TODO list:

* Add error checking and error handling! (and *test* all error situations). Never assume when you build a tool for beginners that they have the correct USB drivers installed, or that they read and follow your instructions. Currently you even clear any error messages immediately, so users will never find out if something goes wrong and why.

* Indicate which versions of TWRP and CWM you have bundled with your tool.

If you address these issues, this could evolve to a nice tool to give to a newbie (even if I personally think that users who don't even want to learn the basics of a CLI should not try to install custom ROMs)
    New bugfix release

The startup bug should be fixed in the new version 3.1.1 :good:
    Please download the newest version from the OP.
    Are you saying that if I copy those two files to a safe location on my PC, and later on reinstall an official Asus version of Android, and then copy those two files back from my PC, that I would have an original locked version of Asus Android? If that is not the case, then what is the purpose of copying these two files off to another location?

No, I didn't say that you can re-lock. You can save your DRM key before you unlock and then restore it - this might preserve access to some DRM-protected services. I don't care, but someone posted that it works. The configuration partition stores your unique serial number and MAC address, so it's a good idea to make a backup even if it's very unlikely that you'd need it.

Do you do any developing?

Occasionally.

The two raw partitions? Are you talking about mmcblk0p5 and 0p6?

Yes.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, once unlocked and rooted, what partition or folder does the TWRP. blob reside in?

The blob is a package of one or more partition images. In case of TWRP, it's only one partition named "SOS". First the blob is copied to the staging partition (mmcblk0p4), then you reboot. The bootloader detects the blob, shows a blue progress bar with slightly broken graphics, and flashes the contents to the target partitions.

The boot and recovery partitions are usually not visible at all from inside Android - there are a lot more partitions on the device than those listed in the partition table the kernel uses. The recovery kernel contains a special hack to create "fake" partition devices for them.
    New version 3.0.0 is up

Hi guys,
    I have worked quite along time on bringing this update to you :highfive:
    Now there are a lot of changes:
    * Add auto update from web
    * Add support for the Nexus 5
    * Download recoveries from web
    * Choose your own recovery
    * ADB and fastboot reboot buttons
    * Only one EXE file of 3 MB
    * Choose the device you want to flash
    * Show ROM development on XDA