Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 48,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How many of you will use Android L as your daily driver?
Yes, I will keep it 147 64.47%
No, it is too unstable for daily use 81 35.53%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL] Android L Discussion (Android L Preview Released)

Tip us?

jma9454
Old
(Last edited by jma9454; 21st July 2014 at 05:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierfreund View Post
Even if mobile data and wifi is still broken, is there a flashable zip for deb? Or how exactly can i install it?
Go back a page to post 645 or something like that (here). Download images and flash. Basically...
-EDIT-
Read through that post. The user @muffad posted his backup online, and you can restore this. You may have to take as many steps as jayfallen, but it might work sooner.
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to jma9454 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iXanza
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2101
Just installed this and am noticing it's faster. Also I don't have any issues with Facebook. Then again I am using the beta versions of Facebook. So far all the things I use on my tablet is working so I guess I'll stick to this
My Contributions
[General]System UI Re-starter
[I9100 Variants]Jelly-Like Status Bar
[I9100G]Fantasy MOD
[I9100G]Deodexed Stock ROMS
[I9100G]PACman Thread Maintainer

Curent Devices
Redmi 1 WCDMA - MIUI Stable | Stock Kernel | TWRP
Nexus 7 II - MIUI Developer ROM | Paranoid Android | Stock Kernel | TWRP
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100G] - MIUI Weekly ROM | Blazing Kernel V16 | TWRP

brain-melt
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iXanza View Post
Just installed this and am noticing it's faster. Also I don't have any issues with Facebook. Then again I am using the beta versions of Facebook. So far all the things I use on my tablet is working so I guess I'll stick to this
Love the big L. great lock Screen notifcation and functionality. wish I could tobgg between dalvik and art. My only qualm is the lack of dolphin browser to use in conjunction with the modified flash player. Hope dolphin gets an ART version soon.

My other complaint is not related to L but to android tablet OS in general. It's the fact that I can't install from unknown sources from any other user profile but the "first" one, OK so it's administrator by default, but there should be option to give users administration rights.
Figured out adb install and push, but of course it is a tethered solution, not otg.

I did root it with the 2.1su and have cwm recovery and I swear by it, never even tried twirp. on any device in the past 2 years of rootery when I gave up on symbian.

question for pros: would I have to fastboot stock again to switch or could I wipe and install a custiom kitkat via recovery ?

C-4Nati
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Is there a flashable zip for this yet? I don't have a PC atm so can't use fastboot method. The zip in the multi ROM thread doesn't work, makes my phone just reboot into recovery over and over, searched and didn't find any other zips, hoping there is one.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda premium

muffad
Old
(Last edited by muffad; 22nd July 2014 at 02:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brain-melt
question for pros: would I have to fastboot stock again to switch or could I wipe and install a custiom kitkat via recovery ?
i'm not a "pro"! but i guess with an unlocked bootloader, you can flash whatever you want via recovery.. without flashing stock rom..

symbian <3

jma9454
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by brain-melt View Post
Custom KitKat is fine. It's just whenever you want to install stock that you have to flash stock and all that. At least with TWRP you have to do that. I don't use CWM because I started with TWRP and CWM just doesn't come anywhere close to it in my opinion.
To each their own though!
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2

FrozenPanda
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda View Post
Has anybody had any problems with using a Bluetooth Keyboard? I'm using the ZAGG Keys Flex and only the Home button is working.
So so I asked this a while ago but got no response.. is anybody having issues with bluetooth keyboards?

hawkeye29
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-4Nati View Post
Is there a flashable zip for this yet? I don't have a PC atm so can't use fastboot method. The zip in the multi ROM thread doesn't work, makes my phone just reboot into recovery over and over, searched and didn't find any other zips, hoping there is one.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda premium

There is this thing called "search". You may want to try it. It is the number one rule here at XDA after all...
1/32 INF BN 10TH MTN DIV US ARMY
Why is the sky blue? Because God loves the Infantry

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hawkeye29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android 5.0, android l, june 2014