Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei Mediapad X1 (Honor X1) 7" Phablet - Review

Tip us?

MobileInkSlinger
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
NP, good luck. If you need to you could look at the Coolpad 9976T. I don't think it's as good as the x1 but its a 7 incher. Just double check bands and play store compatibility. Cheers.

acuratlsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguylabs View Post
I'll have to check that out. I'm beginning to think that it's a coverage thing I'm experiencing. I downloaded a signal strength app and it keeps going off about me being in a dead zone. Plus, when I scan for my signal, it shows that I am getting AT&T 3G at -115 dBm. I'm guessing that that is pretty weak???

Thanks
Yeah, -115dBm is pretty weak. Issues with MMS usually always comes from APN settings. Are you being service by AT&T or an AT&T MVNO? Depending on the build of the messaging app...your Group SMS may be sent or received as an MMS..and if your MMS is not correctly setup, you won't get any. MMS need data, so if you have weak 3g signal that will also be an issue

Instead of the stock messaging app...try using Google Hangout app...that will group your Group SMS into a single thread.

scienceguylabs
Old
(Last edited by scienceguylabs; 3rd July 2014 at 09:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuratlsfan View Post
Yeah, -115dBm is pretty weak. Issues with MMS usually always comes from APN settings. Are you being service by AT&T or an AT&T MVNO? Depending on the build of the messaging app...your Group SMS may be sent or received as an MMS..and if your MMS is not correctly setup, you won't get any. MMS need data, so if you have weak 3g signal that will also be an issue

Instead of the stock messaging app...try using Google Hangout app...that will group your Group SMS into a single thread.
I spoke with AT&T, and they walked me through the APN settings. I'm thinking that it boils down to the coverage in my area.
I've already listed it on eBay.

Just out of curiosity, and because I'm fairly ignorant to signal bandwidths and such, do you think the LTE version of this phone will work with AT&T??? According to gsmarena.com, these are the bandwidth specs of the LTE model:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA
4G Network LTE

Thanks for your help.

I found these specs on the merimobiles website, but have no idea if they jive with AT&T: 4G TDD-LTE 38/39/40/41.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

oldgf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default camera focus and shutter speed

Appreciate comment on how snappy is the camera to shoot moving object. Is the focus and shutter speed fast enough to get a sharp picture of a moving person?

acuratlsfan
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceguylabs View Post
I spoke with AT&T, and they walked me through the APN settings. I'm thinking that it boils down to the coverage in my area.
I've already listed it on eBay.

Just out of curiosity, and because I'm fairly ignorant to signal bandwidths and such, do you think the LTE version of this phone will work with AT&T??? According to gsmarena.com, these are the bandwidth specs of the LTE model:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA
4G Network LTE

Thanks for your help.

I found these specs on the merimobiles website, but have no idea if they jive with AT&T: 4G TDD-LTE 38/39/40/41.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
No announced version will support USA LTE bands ...you will only get 3g HSPA+. The LTE bands on the phones do not match AT&T or TMo network

imonau
Old
(Last edited by imonau; 15th July 2014 at 03:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help to repair Huawei Honor X1 TD-LTE version model 7D-503L

Hi, I have purchased “Huawai Honor X1” TD-LTE version model 7D-503L one month back from “Flybit” company through “Aliexpress”, Google play installed with multiple language. The display is fine but the problem is from the very beginning I had problem with pressing “4” and the down left near corner 2/3cm space touch screen doesn’t work. Once while trying to send text whatever I was pressing the "n" was coming all the time, even I tried to delete but "n" was pressed all the time and while pressing “back button” the "dialer" was popping up and "0" was coming all the time. I restart few times and after 30/40 minutes it was ok. It happened again and again and now it became useless. Flybit asked me to do factory reset but it didn’t help. They mentioned one year warranty but now they are not doing anything. I have contacted Huawei here in Australia but they don’t have any support as this phone is not selling here.
I have offered Flybit to send the phone to them and they can fix it and send it back to me but they and Huawei are not answering my e-mails anymore.
I’m ready to send this phone anywhere if anyone can fix it.
Any help will be highly appreciated…..

behrouz2014
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi every one
How can i disable knock on feature of X1 ?
I read a text about KITKAT update of X1, Do you test is?
This page is Chinese, but i translate with google translate

Son-j
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mediapad x1 experience

Hi I'm from the Philippines and I'm using mediapad x1 Lte version. These are what I can confirm:

1. OTG works in the USB
2. To add new Google account, just add a new Google account from the settings. It's there.
3. I have an issue with the battery, theoretically it can play 8 movies or around 18-25 hours of playback but I only get less than a day of battery life and I don't watch videos the whole day.. Maybe a I got a defective unit
4. I hate the lags, especially when in the typing inputs. Some apps also freeze. I hope they can update the firmware soon
5. I like the screen. But the placement of the power button is weird so I tend to press it while watching anime
6. There's the hover feature but I can't make it work

That's it for now

Tags
chinese phone, huawei honor x1, huawei mediapad x1, phablet, review