Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Safestrap and Tmobile?

Tip us?

benji667
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacseven View Post
I'm not sure TBH, very little experience with safestrap.. If you are already 0x1 why not just install a full recovery?
I like the rom slots... Its way nicer to be able to have the current rominstalled and build one on the side... Or i can have a tw and a aosp both installed

benji667
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Any ideas ppl?

GrandMasterB
Old
Thanks Meter 464
People with unlocked boot-loaders that want to be confined to a bootstrap........ hell hath frozen over.

I just paid a final Verizon bill of almost $1k (including ETF's) because of locked bootloaders and being confined to SafeStrap. I am forever grateful to Hashcode for the freedom we have been given but you guys do realize that safestrap partitions up your internal memory into 2GB blocks for system partition and 2-4GB blocks for data partitions for each slot. If you really use your phone you are going to be plagued with out of memory warnings. Plus you cannot flash kernels meaning no AOSP roms either and no more Aroma installs among other things.

When I had my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 and my AT&T Note 3 I always flashed everything to the stock slot and forgo the ROM slots alltogether. Then just backup and restore everything to the stock slot exactly like it was a real recovery. SO you might as well just do the same on a real recovery on the T-Mobile Note 3. Just backup and restore different ROM's (including AOSP!) at will. It may take a little longer to switch betweens ROMs this way but at least you don't have to jump through all those hoops or worse yet really mess up your device using a Safestrap not meant for your device.....all IMO of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandMasterB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]