Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 41,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unrootable?

Tip us?

Emba4
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Unrootable?

i am running BML4 and wanted to root the phone, i tried all sorts of methods, saferoot, towelroot, impactor, all failed so i just flashed a custom recovery and installed supersu 2.00 from a flashable zip, boot the phone and adb shell in, type su, it returns me to $, every time, super su sees no problem and the su binary and daemonsu are in ./system/xbin but still i cannot get root access, have samsung finally won or something?

i also tried flashing a custom rom that already rooted, but any roms just bootloop as nothing seems to be based on bml4 and older stuff just doesnt seem to agree with this bootloader, any attempt to flash to an earlier version results in the bootloader just blocking boot entirely (thanks for that samsung, i really needed you to protect me from doing what i want with my device)

does anyone know a way to root this thing or should i just give up

gladson1976
Old
(Last edited by gladson1976; 30th June 2014 at 12:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 85
Try installing BusyBox

Quote:
you do not need busy box to have root.
But many root apps as well as settings in custom roms use busybox to run the scripts that make them work. so while you can root without busybox you are very limited as to what you can do with it.
so while you dont need it to have the phone rooted. its still prety much needed to take advantage of that rooting
from Here
Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192 - CarbonRom KK 4.4.4 for I9192 / f4ktion 1.5.0 Kernel / Philz Touch Recovery
Xperia Mini Pro - Real Xperia Mix r1.7 / Kappa 1.7 Beta Carbon 4.4.2 KitKat / LX Kernel
Xperia X10 Mini Pro - MiniCM7-2.2.1 (GingerBread 2.3.7 / CM7.2) / nAa-14 Kernel

marki555
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am running rooted BML4 without any issues. I have rooted using this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2364980