Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Z2 wifi slow

OP jake460

20th May 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Z2 D6503 Wifi dropping issues
I seem to be getting the same sort of wifi issues as previously stated. I cannot hold a wifi connection on the 2.4ghz band fro more than 20s before its dissociated (ie i still have full connection to the router (3 bars) but cannot get through to the internet). This happens no matter what router i am connected to, whether its at home or at work.
I have tried:
  • Setting the Wifi optimization checkbox off. No difference
  • Avoid poor connections is off. No difference.
  • Stamina mode is off. No difference.
  • Keep Wifi on during sleep is set to Always. No difference.
  • Sleep timeout to 30mins. No difference.
  • I have factory reset the phone. No difference.

I have also check to see if it is my router at home. I have switched between every channel available which made no difference. Security is Wpa/Wpa2 PSK AES which makes no difference. I only have the 2.4ghz available on that router at home (same at work).

My Note 3 and HTC One connect to both routers with no problems at all and do not drop out. Same goes with Sony Vaio Laptop.

I have installed Wifi Fixer on my Z2 to see if it can alleviate the problem and it does somewhat. instead of manually having to turn on and off the wifi toggle to reestablish a connection, the Wifi Fixer does it for me.Approx. every 20-30s in its log it will show the phone "dissociating" from the router, and the the app tries to "reassociate" the connection.

I can connect through wifi transfer to my Note 3 without issue, and the same goes for my TV, so it cant be a hardware fault, as the connection is still excellent strength for both (as well as the router, tested with Wifi Analyzer). This is a very frustrating problem as it makes watching youtube movies impossible, and hotspotting, skype calls, etc.....

And dont even get me started on the bluetooth dropouts. I am disconnected from a bluetooth connection every 66-70s without fail no matter what i try. No issues with my Note 3 and HTC One in the exact same conditions. It will disconnect then reconnect straight away with a delay of about 3 seconds, which makes calls and listening to music a VERY unpleasant experience.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I love everything else on this phone but this wifi/bluetooth connection issue is making it unusable.
20th May 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag scotland
Thanks Meter: 5

109 posts
connecting to my bt home hub 4 via 5GHz band only has solved my wifi drop out problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
24th July 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #13  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 0

121 posts
More
For me slow Wifi resulted in many issues, You-tube video cannot be played, video streaming from a network storage cannot be done, Facebook videos will stop at the middle etc where the most evident issues. I tried everything possible to resolve this issues and searching the internet also didn't help. Finally decided to fresh install, used PC companion and re-installed the complete software, then restored all apps using google backup service. After this there is no issue till now. The software version is the same I had before reinstall. But now the Video streaming and apps using internet become very responsive.

thanks
HCP
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread