Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 50,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear won't charge or turn on

Tip us?

rosco2007
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default solved for me

I had the same problem, solved as is:
while the craddle is connected to the supply i opened the flip keeping/pushing with the fingers the watch on the contacts in term to mantain it in charge, contemporary push the power button with the help of a small flat stick. It will start!

Rosco

daccom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Resolve my Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwitchtattoos View Post
I read on another site to try a piece of paper folded and put next to the on button so when the charging cradle is snapped closed it pushes it down. I just tried it and after many days of a dead gear watch....ta da! Success. Now it's on and charging. Take the paper out once it starts to reboot otherwise it will just cycle over and over. Hope this helps someone else. It's tricky to fit just right...i folded a tiny piece of post it note ...good luck. Penelope

I took your advice on this as I was not prepared to pull my Gear apart, it worked great thanks . .gear rebooted straight away and then started charging ..

Thank you ..

BrumBrum74
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
IOriginally Posted by wickedwitchtattoos View Post
I read on another site to try a piece of paper folded and put next to the on button so when the charging cradle is snapped closed it pushes it down. I just tried it and after many days of a dead gear watch....ta da! Success. Now it's on and charging. Take the paper out once it starts to reboot otherwise it will just cycle over and over. Hope this helps someone else. It's tricky to fit just right...i folded a tiny piece of post it note ...good luck. Penelope
This worked for me. Thanks a lot for the tip.

t.d.k
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I just had this same issue. I had left my gear turned on and the battery ran dry, it sat on the dresser for a month or so. It is completely stock, no custom roms or anything. Before reading this thread I was already tempted to take the battery off and then reassemble to see if that would remedy the issue. Holding the power button down several times did nothing to help either. Before going as far to take it apart I saw someone mention trying to connect it to a PC. This did the trick, it's now charging. So I would strongly suggest before going through the trouble of disassembly, try connecting it to a PC.
The Following User Says Thank You to t.d.k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FelipeGG
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Wink Help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrumBrum74 View Post
This worked for me. Thanks a lot for the tip.
please explain to me how you did it ... send me a photo or video ... I do not get how to fix ...

FelipeGG
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Wink Fixed

Six hours after being connected to the laptop finally worked

Kashban
Old
(Last edited by Kashban; Today at 01:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeGG View Post
Six hours after being connected to the laptop finally worked
Just got my Gear new from Amazon and it neither charges nor turns on. With the paper trick I got the charging screen to blink up once, then never again.

Also tried connecting to a laptop and trigger the power button with a small knife. Yet nothing. I don't want to resort opening it and pulling the power because it's new and I can easily get a replacement from Amazon.

I'll give it another hour on the USB cable and then see if some of the tricks work.

EDIT: As usual: The next try pressing the power button while sitting in the cradle brought it on. Now it's at 2% and charging from the charger.
1st Picture Calendar Widget THD Advertising Graphics

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Asus Transformer Pad 701 32 GiByte grey - Samsung Galaxy S3 - Google Nexus 7 2013 32 GiByte (Android 4.4.2) - Huawei Ideox X3 (2.3.5) - Sony XPeria J (4.1, rooted), TV-PC E-MC884-quad (Android 4.2)