Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 47,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][KK][4.4.2][i777] PAC-man [Nightly Builds][pacman.basketbuild.com]

Tip us?

Uclydde
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by razen_kain View Post
Reboot recovery. Then try to flash the ROM. Hopefully that was the problem
I can't. Every time I turn on the device it stops at the first SAMSUNG logo for about 5 seconds, and just blanks to a black screen.
Current devices:

Xperia Z2 (CM11 nightlies)
Xperia Z2 Tablet (CM11 nightlies)
LG G Watch (Gohma 1.0)
Xperia Play 4G (CM11 nightlies)
Nokia X (Stock, Rooted)
Ouya (CM 11 nightlies)

razen_kain
Old
Thanks Meter 2064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde View Post
I can't. Every time I turn on the device it stops at the first SAMSUNG logo for about 5 seconds, and just blanks to a black screen.
Can you get into recovery? If so please see what cwm version it says.
The Following User Says Thank You to razen_kain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rogersb11
Old
Thanks Meter 823
Actually what happened is the default.prop iiside the kernel 9100. The recovery was actually correct. Naturally ugh. Anyway...it's fixed now....just uploaded all versions
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogersb11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SteveMurphy
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2109
Quote:
Please verify you can get into recovery using the button combo (power+both volume keys), like razen said. If you can't you'll have to Odin back to stock and start over.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uclydde
Old
(Last edited by Uclydde; 8th July 2014 at 04:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
Please verify you can get into recovery using the button combo (power+both volume keys), like razen said. If you can't you'll have to Odin back to stock and start over.
I can't get into recovery. How to I return to stock with Heimdall/Odin?
Current devices:

LG G Watch (Gohma 1.0)
Nokia X (Stock, Rooted)
Ouya (CM 11 nightlies)

SteveMurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 2109
Quote:
I can't get into recovery. How to I return to stock with Heimdall/Odin?
Follow @creepyncrawly's guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1313659

Specifically steps 2a or 2b, take your pick. But make sure you read the entire OP of the guide before proceeding.

Should you have any trouble with Odin or downloading the necessary files from the repository, please post in that thread.

Good luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Uclydde
Old
(Last edited by Uclydde; 9th July 2014 at 12:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy View Post
Follow @creepyncrawly's guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1313659

Specifically steps 2a or 2b, take your pick. But make sure you read the entire OP of the guide before proceeding.

Should you have any trouble with Odin or downloading the necessary files from the repository, please post in that thread.

Good luck.
Thank you! That worked! I am back on stock. I know I should probably just give up, but I really want to run Pac on this thing. Where did I go wrong? Exactly which recovery should I use so I don't get a status 7? I was using CWM 6.0.1.0. Should I use TWRP or some other version of CWM?

EDIT: I GOT IT TO WORK! HUZZAH! It was purely the recovery I was using. i was just using whatever rom manager told me was the latest recovery for my i777. (CWM 6.0.1.0) As soon as I installed CWM 6.0.4.5 through Odin, I was able to install Pac immediately and easily. I love this rom!
Current devices:

LG G Watch (Gohma 1.0)
Nokia X (Stock, Rooted)
Ouya (CM 11 nightlies)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uclydde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SteveMurphy
Old
Thanks Meter 2109
Quote:
i was just using whatever rom manager told me was the latest recovery for my i777. (CWM 6.0.1.0) As soon as I installed CWM 6.0.4.5 through Odin, I was able to install Pac immediately and easily. I love this rom!
Great news!

But if you want to avoid future troubles stay away from Rom Manager; it doesn't support our device and most of the files are outdated. The recovery for the i777 is packaged with the kernel, so you don't have to flash it separately. If you want KK recovery simply flash a KK kernel and you'll be fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edwin270
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Love Pac-man rom so much that i checked uppdates daily................now have to change rom because of FC which happens at times. Will be waiting for the next build.