Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,733 Members 53,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Note N7100 stuck boot loop when unplug,but when charging loads the KitKat

Tip us?

Dennis_Arlo
Old
(Last edited by Dennis_Arlo; 26th May 2014 at 03:42 AM.) Reason: Review
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Samsung Note N7100 stuck boot loop when unplug,but when charging loads the KitKat

Hi Guys,

've flash my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to 4.4.2 KitKat it was successful, but after a few days my note 2 keeps auto shutting down randomly and sometimes I can't turn it on from sleep. I thought I've just missed something when flashing to 4.4.2 KitKat, what I did was to re-flash it and check if I've missed something but not. After I re-flash it, I've encountered this problem. I'm stuck at boot loop, I've done the Wipe process it was successful, but it didn't fix the problem, what I've noticed is when it's NOT charging or plug to PC it is stuck at boot loop, but when I plugged it to PC or charge it it continues loading the KitKat, sometimes prompting that it's not charging.

I'm wondering what could be the problem here. I've google any possible problem, I can't find any similar problem to mine. Can anyone help?

I'm still try any possible way to fix... HELP!

Shahin7631
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_Arlo View Post
Hi Guys,

've flash my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 to 4.4.2 KitKat it was successful, but after a few days my note 2 keeps auto shutting down randomly and sometimes I can't turn it on from sleep. I thought I've just missed something when flashing to 4.4.2 KitKat, what I did was to re-flash it and check if I've missed something but not. After I re-flash it, I've encountered this problem. I'm stuck at boot loop, I've done the Wipe process it was successful, but it didn't fix the problem, what I've noticed is when it's NOT charging or plug to PC it is stuck at boot loop, but when I plugged it to PC or charge it it continues loading the KitKat, sometimes prompting that it's not charging.

I'm wondering what could be the problem here. I've google any possible problem, I can't find any similar problem to mine. Can anyone help?

Ive just encountered the same problem. Were u able to find a solution?

GStriker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin7631 View Post
Ive just encountered the same problem. Were u able to find a solution?
I exactly encounter the same issue on my Note II. It seems that the automatic reboot (then the boot loop) when the phone is unplugged is generated with apps (or system) using internet connection or the camera.

Please help !

anish100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_Arlo View Post
Hi Guys,

I had a similar problem with my note 2 N7100.
It used to reboot every 30 minutes.
The best solution was to reinstall the firmware using ODIN.
First you need to download the firmware from sammobile and put the phone in download mode and install it.
Hope this solution helps you too.

GStriker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by anish100 View Post
I had a similar problem with my note 2 N7100.
It used to reboot every 30 minutes.
The best solution was to reinstall the firmware using ODIN.
First you need to download the firmware from sammobile and put the phone in download mode and install it.
Hope this solution helps you too.
Thank you anish. I already tried this solution (with stock firmware and Cyanogenmod 10.3 &11) but it didn't work for me
The phone boot only happens when I unplug the USB cable and launch an app. If I do nothing after unplugging the cable the phone don't boot immediatly.

GStriker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GStriker View Post
Thank you anish. I already tried this solution (with stock firmware and Cyanogenmod 10.3 &11) but it didn't work for me
The phone boot only happens when I unplug the USB cable and launch an app. If I do nothing after unplugging the cable the phone don't boot immediatly.
Hi guys ! I finally found a temporary work around to avoid automatic reboot. After multiple tests I noticed that the issue seems to come from CPU usage.My phone never went to deep sleep and often stayed around 1600MHz.
The work around was to go to Preferences > Performances > Processor/CPU > Strategy select "userspace" . The CPU goes down to 800MHz but I don't have any more automatic reboot when the USB cable is unplugged.
After reboot the boot loop is still there (so I need to put back in the USB cable to boot normally). I was wondering if the boot loop comes from the boot.img file...