Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Upgrading Ace to KitKat 4.4.4 |2014.07.05|

Tip us?

emokid117
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Where do I report bugs?

I want to report bugs concerning the wifi, and the time and date settings...cuz wifi would randomly disconnect and I can't reconnect till I turn the wifi on/off or restart the phone...and as for date and time settings...well there are occasions where the time would just advance itself by a few hours and won't reset back till a complete restart...

thats all for now! and I really hope that a stable 4.4.4 version will be out soon! cuz dam! this rom is incredible in terms of performance and battery life! 10x better than ICS and JB roms!

nambont12
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Great ROM but battery life's not good

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by nambont12 View Post
Great ROM but battery life's not good
Don't worry. Once the next stable build comes out, you can expect an increase in the battery life too
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prolarbears
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by emokid117 View Post
I want to report bugs concerning the wifi, and the time and date settings...cuz wifi would randomly disconnect and I can't reconnect till I turn the wifi on/off or restart the phone...and as for date and time settings...well there are occasions where the time would just advance itself by a few hours and won't reset back till a complete restart...

thats all for now! and I really hope that a stable 4.4.4 version will be out soon! cuz dam! this rom is incredible in terms of performance and battery life! 10x better than ICS and JB roms!
Turn off automatic date & time, and that should fix your clock not working properly.
If your wifi is a little wacky, try finding dhcpcd-run-hooks under 'system/etc/dhcpcd/', then change its permissions to execute user, group, and others. Props to stayboogy from androidforums for this fix; I would post the link, but I'm a lurker without enough posts, so sorry (you can probably google it though)

emokid117
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by prolarbears View Post
Turn off automatic date & time, and that should fix your clock not working properly.
If your wifi is a little wacky, try finding dhcpcd-run-hooks under 'system/etc/dhcpcd/', then change its permissions to execute user, group, and others. Props to stayboogy from androidforums for this fix; I would post the link, but I'm a lurker without enough posts, so sorry (you can probably google it though)

I'll give these a try...and try em for a few days...hopefully it fixes stuff...thanks though!
Tags
4.4.3, cooper, gt-s5830, kitkat