Originally Posted by larrybigbid
Is the 2400258 zip the one that writes over the recovery? For some reason I still have the MLG recovery. I did have lots of activity when I installed the Ota but some failed in red. .
I just ran the Ota and think it may be a bad download it said error in sideboard package zip etc..
1. install ATT_Stock_KitKat_N900AATTCNC2_ROOT_OTA.zip
2 skip setting up wifi , email and accounts
3. install busybox app
4. Install busybox from inside busybox app
5. install safestrap app
6. from safestrap app Uninstall recovery, Uninstall it again to be sure
7. from inside busybox, uninstall busybox
8. from application manager, uninstall busybox and safestrap
9. go to SuperSu and start app
10. When SuperSu ask, let it disable knox
11. from SuperSu settings, go all the way down and remove root
12. reboot to stock recovery and install 2400258.zip
look at pictures thats what 2400258.zip OTA should do.
if you see this picture bellow, then safestrap did not uninstall correctly and replace original e3fsck file.
If you see this picture below, the SuperSu did no uninstall correctly and replace original ddexe
these below show 2400258.zip OTA installing
Do not worry about
E:unknown volume for path [/sdcard1]
E:unknown volume "/sdcard1"