Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Help] ASUS Memo Pad 8 stock apps / ROM

Tip us?

pnaralove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] [Help] ASUS Memo Pad 8 stock apps / ROM

I rooted (using Kingo root) Memo Pad 8 (ME180A) and deleted many bloatwares.
The problem is that I also deleted Gallery app which is connected to Camera.
So I factory reset via both Settings->Backup and reset and Power+Volume up button.
But the deleted apps weren't restored, still missing.

Unrooting and doing factory reset can fix this problem?
Or should I download stock firmware or stock Gallery app?
I've searched all forums and googled, but no luck.
I couldn't find stock apps and firmware.

Please help..

oldmeadows
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ASUS Memopad 8 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnaralove View Post
I rooted (using Kingo root) Memo Pad 8 (ME180A) and deleted many bloatwares.
The problem is that I also deleted Gallery app which is connected to Camera.
So I factory reset via both Settings->Backup and reset and Power+Volume up button.
But the deleted apps weren't restored, still missing.

Unrooting and doing factory reset can fix this problem?
Or should I download stock firmware or stock Gallery app?
I've searched all forums and googled, but no luck.
I couldn't find stock apps and firmware.

Please help..

Hi,

I have a problem much like yours only that I deleted my SystemUI.apk and System Res and can't event load the Bootloop. So I talked to technician and ask if what's the best thing we can do about my problem and he said that the only sure way to resolve this is to get the Asus Memopad 8 Firmware.

Unfortunately, the Asus MemoPad 8 Firmware is still not available not until a couple more months. So I guess our only option is to wait until an official firmware for our tab and other support drivers are available for download online.

focos
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmeadows View Post
Hi,

I have a problem much like yours only that I deleted my SystemUI.apk and System Res and can't event load the Bootloop. So I talked to technician and ask if what's the best thing we can do about my problem and he said that the only sure way to resolve this is to get the Asus Memopad 8 Firmware.

Unfortunately, the Asus MemoPad 8 Firmware is still not available not until a couple more months. So I guess our only option is to wait until an official firmware for our tab and other support drivers are available for download online.

Your system is starting or not, how do you make the update if not starting, or you have installed custom recovery. If you can intall it from recovery let me know, stock memopad 8 rom have 806 MB.

oldmeadows
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default MemoPad 8 Deleted SystemUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by focos View Post
Your system is starting or not, how do you make the update if not starting, or you have installed custom recovery. If you can intall it from recovery let me know, stock memopad 8 rom have 806 MB.

Yes, it starts. Do you have a stock ROM for MemoPad 8?

gtee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Firmware for Asus MemoPad 8

Try this I couldn't get it install though. Some checksum errors.

http://www.asus.com/microsite/demo/MeMO_Pad8.htm

oldmeadows
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Asus MemoPad 8

Quote:

Thanks, will try this one.Hope this works.

Klamman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Factory Reset Help? :'(

You have to help me man! I've rooted my memo pad 8 with kingo and deleted some services required to start! I want to factory reset, but when I do power button Vol+, all I get is "No command". Please help?! :'( Every time I try to boot my device, all I get is "No command".
This is a relatively new tablet for me, don't let it die yet!

pnaralove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Memo Pad stock ROM

Quote:

Do you have ME180A stock ROM? Where did you get it?
I couldn't update recent (5.7MB) patch due to flash error (cause some system apps deleted).
Please help..

oldmeadows
Old
(Last edited by oldmeadows; Today at 04:13 AM.) Reason: wrong grammar
Thanks Meter 0
Default Memopad 8 Alive but using a soft button downloaded from playstore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klamman View Post
You have to help me man! I've rooted my memo pad 8 with kingo and deleted some services required to start! I want to factory reset, but when I do power button Vol+, all I get is "No command". Please help?! :'( Every time I try to boot my device, all I get is "No command".
This is a relatively new tablet for me, don't let it die yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnaralove View Post
Do you have ME180A stock ROM? Where did you get it?
I couldn't update recent (5.7MB) patch due to flash error (cause some system apps deleted).
Please help..

Hello guys,

I got my Memopad 8 back and "alive" again. However, it was my technician who did the fixing. Only issue now is how to get the wallpaper back and the lock screen back. Please note that it's working but we only installed a soft button downloaded from the play store. My technician mentioned to me that the only way to have it fully working is to get the update for the firmware of the MemoPad8. I'll try to post a screenshot of my memopad soon.

pnaralove
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Firmware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmeadows View Post
Hello guys,

I got my Memopad 8 back and "alive" again. However, it was my technician who did the fixing. Only issue now is how to get the wallpaper back and the lock screen back. Please note that it's working but we only installed a soft button downloaded from the play store. My technician mentioned to me that the only way to have it fully working it to get the update for the firmware of the MemoPad8. I'll try to post a screenshot of my memopad soon soon.

Thank you for the reply.
But how to get the update for the firmware. Mine gets error when flashing OTA update.
If I unroot using SuperSU and reset, all deleted apps come back?