Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,739 Members 43,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I need confirmation, please.

Tip us?

B767
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default I need confirmation, please.

Hi to all. Thanks for this community, my problem is: I have Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon SM-G900V but I use it for different carrier and I have a problem notification message Phone activation: This SIM card is from an unknown source. Can anybody confirm is it just my phone have a problem or any Verizon phone with different carriers. Thank you.

das7982
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 285

DONATE TO ME
Verizon is a world phone. Your sim card is from another gsm carrier. It's just warning you that the sim card doesn't belong to verizon. GSM will work just fine. All verizon LTE phones are unlocked

Follow Me @Bash_array

B767
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by das7982 View Post
Verizon is a world phone. Your sim card is from another gsm carrier. It's just warning you that the sim card doesn't belong to verizon. GSM will work just fine. All verizon LTE phones are unlocked

Follow Me @Bash_array
Yes it's working fine but i have small problems. I cant send IMEI code it says Connection problem or invalid MMI code. I can turn on native hotspot (I know provider is allowed me tethering) it says Mobile number not found. I really want to hear from people with same model and different carrier if they have same problem. Because if not I can still change my phone. Thank you.

ks3rv3rg
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by B767 View Post
Yes it's working fine but i have small problems. I cant send IMEI code it says Connection problem or invalid MMI code. I can turn on native hotspot (I know provider is allowed me tethering) it says Mobile number not found. I really want to hear from people with same model and different carrier if they have same problem. Because if not I can still change my phone. Thank you.
If I were you I'd change my phone. The Verizon variant is probably the least ideal for your situation. Go with t-mobile or possibly even international version. That way you can actually root it and you may even avoid these issues as Verizon phone is pretty specific to Verizon, world phone or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

B767
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks3rv3rg View Post
If I were you I'd change my phone. The Verizon variant is probably the least ideal for your situation. Go with t-mobile or possibly even international version. That way you can actually root it and you may even avoid these issues as Verizon phone is pretty specific to Verizon, world phone or not.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I am looking forward because sometimes I travel to Ukraine and they don't have good internet on GSM even 3G just 2G. On CDMA version I can have better dial cell number and better internet.

B767
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodaserves View Post
Yeah for real The Verizon variant is probably the least ideal for your situation
I don't understand why? I can wait for root it not critical for me and later use like CDMA in Ukraine. Is it T-Mobile and international can work like CDMA. Sorry for my dumb question because transfer from iPhone and new with Android and phones with OS.

Guadalupeohara
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 12
I am also wait for announcement.

ZerofillBR
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this possible? Can I put another ROM version (like international) and "transform" the SM-G900V to SMG900H for example? A friend mine have a Verizon version and is living in Brazil... The Verizon version dont have the portuguese language... And the carrier Verizon isnt present there...

Rawandre
Old
(Last edited by Rawandre; 24th July 2014 at 05:01 PM.) Reason: addition
Thanks Meter 0
Phone I have an S5 in Brazil from Vereizon

I got my S5 to work in Brazil, 4g network and all the only problem i still have is this message of THE SIM CARD IS FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE but so far have not noticed any problems with the funcions on it!!!!

Can i get this message away?

And i can relate with the person on the last post, the phone does not have Portuguese as a language to choose...
for me is ok but I understand that this is a fluke by Samsung(all phones should have most languages already in it)