Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 39,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recovery keeps rebooting on me on my i537

Tip us?

kramykram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recovery keeps rebooting on me on my i537

Ok guys. I got the first ota att 4.2.2 update that caused my digitizer to stop working. So I came here looking to find a way to flash back. Well apparantly I flashed the boot loader. Not meaning to do this. It has left me in recovery boot. I have searched the forums, google, tried many different things. The pit file i found on here, everything. I have tried to adb sideload the ota update. But it reboots me out of recovery soon after it starts. Any who can help please do. I have searched and searched. Im not exactly what you call the problem other than soft bricking.

kramykram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 2910

and nothing from anyone?? has no one made this mistake before and able to get a fix or least can tell me what i need to search for. i don't know exact.

Unfathomable
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I have experienced a similar problem. The only solution that was successful for me was to download the Samsung Kies software and preform a emergency firmware recovery.

kramykram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfathomable View Post
I have experienced a similar problem. The only solution that was successful for me was to download the Samsung Kies software and preform a emergency firmware recovery.
thanks for the reply. i have tried kids with no success. when i enter my model and serial number it tells me it is not valid. i know it is. i don't think kies can fix the ota update. maybe they can but it won't accept my model and serial number. i have the right drivers installed. but nothing

Unfathomable
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I'm assuming you've already used Odin as well then?

kramykram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I have. I have sent it somewhere to be fixed. He has told me the Knox did some kind if self destruct!!!!!

kramykram
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default yay thanks ebay service

So I sent my soft bricked phone in for service. Now I get it back and it wont even power on. Talk about suck