Zooper Widget! Create Anything
Post Reply

Battery life in Extreme Power Saving mode

OP warpa

20th May 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
On the HTC M7 running Sense 6, how much battery life will you get when using Extreme Power Saving mode? I do not know.
20th May 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag alex
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpa

On the HTC M7 running Sense 6, how much battery life will you get when using Extreme Power Saving mode? I do not know.

I think the kernel is control the battery life
20th May 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #3  
davebugyi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dolinka
Thanks Meter: 419
 
2,454 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Donate to Me
More
I never tested it, only the normal power saver.
However, extreme power saving disables everything and only leaves functions like Phone, SMS and no internet during screen off - it'll last long. HTC claims a few hours even when on 15%.
19th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 24
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
from what i tested, battery life in "Extreme Power Saving" mode is worse than normal power saver. i don't understand why, but this shouldn't be like this..
19th June 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #5  
SchmilK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 369
 
506 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxero

from what i tested, battery life in "Extreme Power Saving" mode is worse than normal power saver. i don't understand why, but this shouldn't be like this..

I've had the same experience.
19th June 2014, 11:57 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 24
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchmilK

I've had the same experience.

contacted HTC Support and they told me to run a "Battery test" and to "wipe cache partition" from stock recovery. The battery test was ok and cleared cache, now waiting for the battery to drop to test it again..
20th June 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
259 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexxero

contacted HTC Support and they told me to run a "Battery test" and to "wipe cache partition" from stock recovery. The battery test was ok and cleared cache, now waiting for the battery to drop to test it again..

How do I run the battery test
20th June 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 24
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by racingmatt1

How do I run the battery test

In the dialer type this: *#*#3424#*#* click "more" and you'll have a "battery test" option, to test it you will need to have the battery fully charged and the phone on airplane mode.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
24th July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #9  
Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 24
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
nothing changed, am trying different custom roms and kernels but extreme power saving mode & power saves are worse than normal....
if someone knows why this is happening, please do tell us!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes