Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FULL RESTORE][TAR] Stock ND8 Odin FLASHABLE [4.4.2]

Tip us?

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24648

DONATE TO ME
Deleted

nyfl2004
Old
(Last edited by nyfl2004; 24th July 2014 at 01:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by died4u525 View Post
First of all, thank you for trying to help me. I followed the instructions all the way through. I put the SD card into my phone, put the battery in, plugged it in to my computer and got excited when the phone vibrated. It started up as soon as I plugged it in, however this is what I got:

BOOT RECOVERY MODE
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS.
COPY FROM T-FLASH.
BOOT RECOVERY..
WRITE 159488 sectors..
FLASH WRITE FAILURE
ODIN MODE

PRODUCT NAME: SPH-L710
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 1
BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 2

Odin gave me this:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> L710VPUCND8_L710SPRCND8_L710VPUCND8_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

After that, this came up on the phone's screen after the other text:
ODIN : flash read failure

Does this mean the internal memory is fried? Because that's what it sounds like to me but I'm far from an expert. Any more ideas?
I'm no expert in this area, but I think you're OK. Check the following; make sure your USB cable is working properly, make sure you have USB Debugging Mode checked in Settings, make sure you have a compatible version of Odin - I use v3.07, and make sure Re-Partition is not ticked, make sure your tar file is placed in the PDA slot, and lastly, make sure your tar file is not a corrupt download. I hope that helps..

Edit: Since you're able to enter Odin Mode, you should be able to enter Recovery Mode as well. You can also try restoring a backup, if you did so before all your troubles started..
Sprint Galaxy SIII
ND8 S5 Style Rom by @ssmercurys
S5Theme
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
This is your problem. You're going to have to repartition. Can't tell you how but I remember somebody with the 32GB model did it successfully, so all hope is not lost

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
(Last edited by roirraW "edor" ehT; 24th July 2014 at 02:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
Does this mean the internal memory is fried? Because that's what it sounds like to me but I'm far from an expert. Any more ideas?
If you have the 16GB SPH-L710, get the PIT file for it at http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972325, thanks to @kaos420 in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62&postcount=7 for it. Ignore that it says SPH-i710. That's a known typo.

Follow these instructions, compiled by myself and with contributions by @David.Dunbar in the following post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=15, modified slightly for the 16GB PIT whereas he needed and used the 32GB PIT:

Quote:
Loading Stock ND8:
1 – Run Odin v3.07 as administrator
2 – Load L710VPUCND8_L710SPRCND8_L710VPUCND8_HOME.tar in the PDA slot
3 – Load sph-i710-16gb.pit into the PIT slot
4 – Check ‘re-partition’ box and wait for next steps to establish phone connection.
4.1 - Uncheck the reboot option in Odin.
Quote:
5 – Phone off. Enter download mode by holding down Vol Down, Home and Power to first screen presence
6 – Enter download mode by moving cursor – Vol Up.
7 – Plug phone into PC. Drivers are already installed so look for Connection in Odin.
8 – Start Odin on good battery charge. Don’t touch phone until complete, 5-10min.
9 – Close Odin, disconnect cable from phone, turn phone off and remove battery.
Removing the battery is the only way to turn it off at this point. Not exactly true but that's all you need to know. It's the best way.

Rooting via philz touch recovery:
1 – Put battery back in and enter download mode as above.
2 – Run Odin as administrator and load philz_touch_6.15.7-d2lte.tar.md5 in the Recovery slot
3 – Uncheck box to prevent automatic reboot.
4 – Plug in phone to PC and watch for Odin to establish connection, ~COM:5
5 – Start Odin. It will be quick.
6 – When done close Odin. Unplug phone, Power Down and remove battery.
7 – Replace battery and enter Recovery Mode by holding Vol Up, Home and Power to first screen presence
8 – Let Philz load and cursor to options/settings and choose re-root option.
9 – When done navigate to Philz main menu and wipe Cache.
10 – In Advanced, wipe Dalvik
11 – Philz main menu to reboot phone.

Here is a list of the files and executables you'll be working with:
Odin_v3.07.zip
L710VPUCND8_L710SPRCND8_L710VPUCND8_HOME.tar.zip (unzip this to get the tar out)
sph-i710-16gb.pit
philz_touch_6.15.7-d2lte.tar.md5 (use the very latest Philz instead)
Sprint_L710_GSIII_Samsung_USB_Driver_v1_4_6_0.exe
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to roirraW "edor" ehT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n00b-xda-disciple
Old
Thanks Meter 784

DONATE TO ME
Excellent information 👆 i had to repartion before. Cant mount anything if your partion table is messed up.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4f663980.jpg
@the_original_teknikl
PCB Wicked Blue Theme

@TONY6669
Mean Wicked Green Theme
Wicked Pink For Breast Cancer Theme thanks @porkyhontas for helping out.
@TeamBlackOut
Themed Apps
@roirraw"edor"eht
Plasma Battery Mod
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to n00b-xda-disciple For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nyfl2004
Old
Thanks Meter 566
All the guys here are incredibly knowledgeable. You'll be up and running again soon. Great community!!
Sprint Galaxy SIII
S5Theme
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

died4u525
Old
(Last edited by died4u525; 24th July 2014 at 05:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
If you have the 16GB SPH-L710, get the PIT file for it at http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23252070760972325, thanks to @kaos420 in this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62&postcount=7 for it. Ignore that it says SPH-i710. That's a known typo.

Follow these instructions, compiled by myself and with contributions by @David.Dunbar in the following post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=15, modified slightly for the 16GB PIT whereas he needed and used the 32GB PIT:
You guys are incredible trying to help me out like this! I wish I could report that this worked without a hitch but I got the same message in Odin saying "There is no PIT partition." And this time the phone also showed this at the end after trying to flash the PIT and stock tar files:
PIT FAIL : TOTAL SECTORS (0)

This is what I'm looking at on the phone
https://app.box.com/s/7zsusposip4292mp8p7h
The Following User Says Thank You to died4u525 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
Quote:
You guys are incredible trying to help me out like this! I wish I could report that this worked without a hitch but I got the same message in Odin saying "There is no PIT partition." And this time the phone also showed this at the end after trying to flash the PIT and stock tar files:
Crap. Just checking, you did have the re-partition box checked in Odin before you clicked Start, right?

nyfl2004
Old
Thanks Meter 566
Quote:

This is what I'm looking at on the phone
https://app.box.com/s/7zsusposip4292mp8p7h
What does that "Copy from T-Flash" mean?
Sprint Galaxy SIII
S5Theme
The Following User Says Thank You to nyfl2004 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

died4u525
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT View Post
Crap. Just checking, you did have the re-partition box checked in Odin before you clicked Start, right?
I absolutely did, in fact when I added the PIT file in Odin re-partition got checked automatically. And I made sure I used a good USB cable this time because the one I used when this whole thing started was a little wobbly and I'm wondering if that may have caused this.

The Following User Says Thank You to died4u525 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]