Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,985 Members 41,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][HOW-TO]Go from stock unrooted to 4.4.2 in 10 minutes or less! No PC needed!

Tip us?

ReIgN116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorei23 View Post
Great! Tell me how it goes.
Also, just curious, how'd you find this thread?
Ok, I'll let you know how it works out...I'm familiar with the site, I came across your thread while looking for a way to root my phone. All google searches brought up several videos but most of the posted links were down. Decided to start looking through the threads and yours stood out... Stock to Kit Kat in less than 10 minutes... Can't beat that... Lol

ReIgN116
Old
(Last edited by ReIgN116; 23rd July 2014 at 07:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default 2752

@gorei23.......guide worked out great, running the latest CyanogenMod 11.0 - VILLUMINATI and enjoying myself...Thank you

drcameron
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will I lose all installed apps if I upgrade using this method?

It sounds like people have troubles with gps and 4g after going to 4.4. Is there anyway to maintain their functionality?

ReIgN116
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drcameron View Post
Will I lose all installed apps if I upgrade using this method?

It sounds like people have troubles with gps and 4g after going to 4.4. Is there anyway to maintain their functionality?
yes, you will lose all installed apps. Just backup with titanium backup or reinstall apps through play store.... GPS is currently working on the latest Villuminati rom, but 4g isn't working on any 4.4 rom