Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ultra Power Saving mode on galaxy s5

Tip us?

mahinthan5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Ultra Power Saving mode on galaxy s5

I always had a dilemma. Weather to buy a smart phone or not. Because I only need to use the functionality of smartphone rarely. But occasionally the need of a smartphone is vital. All these time i used nokia X1 which lasts more than a weak from a single charge.

Finally I bought Xperia ZR for the sake of smartphone needs. Then I end up carrying both phones. Though there is a simcard converter still I'm not comfortable using changing SIMS. So now I only use Xperia ZR which is terrible battery for a adventurer like me. But for smartphones it has acceptable battery life. Stamina mode doesn't help as I'm a person who turn on extra feature when I want only and other than voice call the phone is in stand by..

The phone consuming more battery in standby time is simply unacceptable for me. Also I don't need the gorgeous screen to suck battery when sending SMS or reading a PDF.

So after hearing about Ultra Power Saving mode on samsung I'm planning to have a look. I need advice from S5 owners here.. After the charge If I switch on the Ultra Power Saving mode how long the phone last? Will it last a week assuming I will keep the Ultra Power Saving mode from full charge to empty? using only for calls and message.

FYI with call and message my xperia ZR last for 2.5 days

thanks in advance

declan8888
Old
Thanks Meter 62
It's meant to be like 2 weeks or something. Last night I didn't have my charger on me so I switched it on ultimate power saving mode at 01:00 and it was at 15% battery.
10 hours later at 11:00 it was still at 15%.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

mahinthan5
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by declan8888 View Post
It's meant to be like 2 weeks or something. Last night I didn't have my charger on me so I switched it on ultimate power saving mode at 01:00 and it was at 15% battery.
10 hours later at 11:00 it was still at 15%.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks.. I would also like to hear from people who tried a full discharge in Ultra power saving mode.. I want to know how long it lasted that way?

blacura
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahinthan5 View Post
Thanks.. I would also like to hear from people who tried a full discharge in Ultra power saving mode.. I want to know how long it lasted that way?
Ultra power-saving mode

Enable the Galaxy S5's ultra power saving mode to get the most out of your battery. Samsung claims that when the device is fully charged, this mode will give your phone up to 12.5 days of battery life. In fact, with only 10 percent of battery life remaining, enabling ultra power-saving mode can make your phone last for another 24 hours.
SGS I897 Captivate - Somewhere in my apartment
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II - for fun
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket - also for fun
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III - Gave to my Son
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S IV - Current
Tags
galaxy s5, ultra power saving mode, xperia, xperia zr