Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,644 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL][AOSPA] Paranoid Android 4.43 [07/17/2014]

Tip us?

Cryptecks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
The OP has been updated for build 4.42, and the entire Legacy team would GREATLY appreciate help with our server costs from anyone who is able. There is more info in the Legacy G+ post below.

July 9th, 2014 - PA 4.42
  • Theme Engine fixes.
  • Translation fixes and new languages.
  • Fixed TE WiFi settings FC.
  • Please help us out with our (amazing) build server! Legacy G+ Post
  • Much more! READ this PA G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!
Phone: HTC One X // Evita (AT&T) - running Paranoid Android 4.43 - (4.4.4)
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 // Flo - running Paranoid Android 4.5 - (4.4.4)

Paranoid Android Legacy: HTC One X // Evita device maintainer - Dev thread ||| Q&A thread

Web Developer, Electronic Vision ||| POD Ambassador, Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iamdofus
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
I dont what u want to say but if u need i have server if any one want to downlod your rom from there.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Free mobile app

Cryptecks
Old
(Last edited by Cryptecks; 14th July 2014 at 01:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdofus View Post
I dont what u want to say but if u need i have server if any one want to downlod your rom from there.

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Free mobile app
It's not about the download server, it's about the buildbot server. If you look at the G+ link from that last post of mine, you'll see the specs our machine has, and why we'd like to keep it.

Monster's specs:
CPU:
Intel Xeon
2x E5-2650v2
16c/32t 2,6 GHz+/3,4 GHz+

RAM:
128 GB DDR3 ECC 1600MHz

Disks:
2x 2 TB SATA3

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Paranoid Android Legacy: HTC One X // Evita device maintainer - Dev thread ||| Q&A thread

Web Developer, Electronic Vision ||| POD Ambassador, Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
The Following User Says Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Madcat8686
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Flashed this yesterday and converted to F2FS. Everything is running great and really smooth I might add. The polish on this Rom made me go ahead and get a matched set for all my devices. lol. Absolutely well done! I've watched you struggle with the builds from when you took over and now this has become a work of art (no pun intended.) I'm probably going to stick with this one on my Evita for awhile. PA is just too good to let go. They take their time and bake everything into the OS as if it was always there. They create features that other Rom makers adopt. They one upped Google with Hover and Recents CardStackView. Watching the PA G+ thread is pretty exciting.

Thanks for all the hard work @Cryptecks!
HTC One (M8) S-off
Rom: Paranoid Android 4.43 / Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

HTC One XL Evita S-off
Rom: Paranoid Android 4.43 F2FS / Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Nexus 7 (2012) Grouper
Rom: Paranoid Android 4.43 / Kernel: Stock
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.1
The Following User Says Thank You to Madcat8686 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cryptecks
Old
(Last edited by Cryptecks; 17th July 2014 at 04:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat8686 View Post
Flashed this yesterday and converted to F2FS. Everything is running great and really smooth I might add. The polish on this Rom made me go ahead and get a matched set for all my devices. lol. Absolutely well done! I've watched you struggle with the builds from when you took over and now this has become a work of art (no pun intended.) I'm probably going to stick with this one on my Evita for awhile. PA is just too good to let go. They take their time and bake everything into the OS as if it was always there. They create features that other Rom makers adopt. They one upped Google with Hover and Recents CardStackView. Watching the PA G+ thread is pretty exciting.

Thanks for all the hard work @Cryptecks!
Thank you for those incredibly kind words! I've passed on your sentiments to the PA-Legacy guys as well, so again, thank you.

-=-=-=-=-

In a happy coincidence, I have some great news!
I managed to track down more info on the AOSP Browser (and Gmail image loading) issue, and I pointed the CM team towards what I was able to find.

CM JIRA Issue Tracker: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-4572 (I'm Will Presley, btw)
So it turns out that the issue affects multiple devices, but only a certain CPU chipset revision (early ones, possibly only Rev. 0), but there was still a patch on the Chromium Bug Tracker, and the CM team has a Gerrit issue open with the proper patches.

CM Gerrit: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/67866/ AND http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/68005/
They still have to do the last step that Matt mentions on the JIRA, which is to re-sync their affected OpenSSL repository and apply the fixes, so CM nightlies (and after they get it pushed, all the ROMs that are based on CM11) will see the fix soon.

-=-=-=-=-

But what about us? I thought you loved us?
I do!! I love my Evita, and I also use the AOSP Browser (and Javelin, also affected by the above issue) a lot, so I went ahead and applied the above patches to the PA-4.42 build from last week. I'll be up-front right now, I'm not sure if the Legacy group is doing a build this week (for PA-4.43), so hopefully this will hold everyone over until then (that could also still change, we'll see).

PA-4.42 Rebuild (AOSP Browser/Gmail Image/OpenSSL Issue Fixed)
Download Links:
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u5...2-20140713.zip
Dev-Host: http://d-h.st/9SW

md5: d28e8ddd0a60405b75db67256f8fa7c1

Enjoy everyone! Since I personally tracked this one down, I'm rather excited about it actually working hahaha, especially for such a narrow case (your CPU has to have been manufactured within a certain timespan). Let me know if there are any issues!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cryptecks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
New Official build is up, and the OP has been updated, you should also see this build over PA-OTA.

July 17th, 2014 - PA 4.43
  • Please help us out with our (honestly amazing) build server! Legacy G+ Post
  • Important Evita Fix: The AOSP Browser/Gmail Images/OpenSSL issue patch is now included in builds.
  • ParanoidOTA fixes and cleanup
  • Fix daydream duplicates
  • Theme Engine upstream patches
  • More changes and fixes! READ this PA G+ post: PA CHANGELOG!

Be sure to head over to the Q&A thread for all non-development discussion.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cryptecks
Old
(Last edited by Cryptecks; 18th July 2014 at 05:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
README! I'm seeing a SystemUI Force-Close when opening the new Recents screen, this is also a known issue. It is going to happen regularly, beware! It's not a 100%-of-the-time issue though, so I will leave the links up for now.

I'm very happy to announce that we've gotten PA-Legacy builds for the 4.5 Alpha finished!

See this G+ post: https://plus.google.com/106020481530...ts/KA1o3owVcf6

July 18th, 2014 - PA 4.5 Alpha 1
  • This has all the same features and updates as PA 4.43 in addition to....
  • THE NEW RECENT APPS SCREEN - PA was working on this for weeks before Google I/O, and then Android L was revealed to have a very similar style. I honestly like PA's more!
  • Enjoy everyone!

Known Legacy-Only Issue
  • The 'Clear All' button on the new Recents screen is obscured, so it won't work correctly. The PA team is helping the Legacy guys fix this, we're hopeful the next 4.5 build will have this fixed. If this feature is absolutely vital to you, please don't update to the 4.5 Alpha 1 build, you will be disappointed.

Downloads
Legacy Mirror: http://aospal.hostingsharedbox.com/aospal/alphas/evita/
Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn...1-20140718.zip
Dev-Host: http://d-h.st/ZNi
md5: 129408f441f6907369691a183444f8ba

Video Overview

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Notorio
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
I was hoping the latest alpha bug fix merge worked for our devices but not this time. Back to the stable we go...

Sent from my Evita using Tapatalk 4
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4915151_1.gif

Cryptecks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorio View Post
I was hoping the latest alpha bug fix merge worked for our devices but not this time. Back to the stable we go...

Sent from my Evita using Tapatalk 4
I'm crazy-busy at work right now, but I wanted to say, the Legacy guys have the New Recents source now, we're working on it as I type.

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cryptecks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]