Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,148 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Eclipse Note 3 TW - 2.0.1 (6/27/14) - Real AOSP styling! KitKat has arrived!!

Tip us?

scott_65
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Does your last response to zzim infer that I should install this rom in my stock slot as well? That won't mess up the root or anything related to the kitkat "operating system" that the beans method installed? I've never overwritten anything in the stock slot with just a rom, other than when instructed step by step to do so when doing the beans root method

Harleydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_65 View Post
Does your last response to zzim infer that I should install this rom in my stock slot as well? That won't mess up the root or anything related to the kitkat "operating system" that the beans method installed? I've never overwritten anything in the stock slot with just a rom, other than when instructed step by step to do so when doing the beans root method
I've ran nothing but on stock slot.
If your on the Nc2 firmware coming from baja and using ss3.75 build 4 you should be golden.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harleydroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zzim
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydroid View Post
You would have to flash nc4 firmware before going back to nc4.
I've only always used stock slot.
Ugh.... off to find a link to the NC2 kernel thanks for the help!

Harleydroid
Old
Thanks Meter 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzim View Post
Ugh.... off to find a link to the NC2 kernel thanks for the help!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53508270

scott_65
Old
(Last edited by scott_65; Today at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
HarleyDroid, thanks for all your help! One more question before I get started. If I want the inverted Gapps, at what point should I install. Go ahead and do it fresh when I install the rom? If so, what order? Factory wipe, install rom, install gapps, reboot? Or install rom, reboot, setup phone, install gapps? Whats your suggestion to avoid a glitchy phone?

Edit:
I may have just found the answer to my own question. I clicked the link thinking I would "predownload" the zip file to have it on my phone while waiting for your suggestion. I see that it installs from the play store? So I assume just install the rom and do that later? Thats not like the Gapps that I remember installing on previous phones. Man, the game has changed I guess. I can't keep up. lol

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Lovely. I think I wiped something I shouldn't have. Now I get messages saying Unable to mount /SS, and /data. And if I reboot I can't get past the SS screen. I can, however, pull the battery and get back into SS. But reflashing a rom on the stock slot fails every time. I don't have the original beans rom on my phone anymore and can't load it without being able to boot the phone. Is there something I can flash through odin or something to get it running again and redo the flash?