Quick UAG HTC One M8 Review

Search This thread

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Out of couriosity is everyone ordering from UAG or sites like amazon and ebay? I ordered my m8 case from UAG and it fits fine.....got my fiances UAG off ebay and as soon as i saw it i knew it was a knock off.

SENT FROM MY ROCKING HK M8

Got mine from Amazon which had the gap by the headphone jack. They sent a replacement which also had the gap problem so I just asked for a refund.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

faaunus

Jul 20, 2014
So what's the consensus on this vs the Unicorn Beatle? I'm rolling with the dot case atm but its way too flimsy.

beastyricky

Jun 14, 2014
Mumbai
I am happy with this case...it offers unmatchable protection...I own scout and maverick one's n they awesome... Totally a satisfied with this product.

itsachirpthing

Sep 30, 2007
For what it's worth, my maverick fits perfectly in my Seidio Dilex holster for those looking for a nice clip option. Its identical in size. I was very surprised.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
I just repurchased the orange one from amazon. Hopefully this is a newer batch and won't have the same problems as the old one (camera not lining up right and a visible gap between phone and case at the headphone jack on the bottom)

TraderJack

Oct 5, 2008
Google Pixel 3 XL
Would be interested to know if they are still shipping with quality issues.

I have the Supcase Beetle and I like it... wondering how much better the UAG protection is.

BOO5TED

Jan 22, 2010
ATL
Samsung Galaxy S21
I've got the white one ordered from amazon and love it. My headphone and usb ports are cut perfectly. I use Bluetooth headphones when listening to music and have a wireless charging adapter so I never have to plug anything into my phone.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
My new one still has a slightly off centered camera hole and a very small gap at the headphone jack is still there. I know these are very small things to be nitpicking about but for a $25 case you'd think that initially it would have a perfect fit. I think I'm just gonna keep this one. In terms of protection, it's great and look like it could survive drops on concrete which is what I need. I'm always scared of dropping my phone while walking outside

NonexistentParan0ia

Jul 23, 2013
Houston, TX
Quality issues still exist

Just ordered mine in Ice/Maverick last wednesday on Amazon with extra for two day shipping and it came in Friday. Two days in and I'm already seeing issues with my case:

• The gap along the bottom rubber where the headphone jack is located at is still there
  • USB cutout isn't centered; rather, it offsets the port to the top left when looking at the device from the bottom with the screen facing upwards
  • The camera's chrome ring edge is completely covered by the camera cutout's bezel (not really a bother but somewhat detracts from the look)
  • The power button is slanted: you need to press on the lower side to turn the phone off comfortably without using too much pressure to the point where it could make the actual power button sink lower over long periods of time.

I'll post some images of mine later once I dig out my old Sony Cybershot cam or iPhone 5, depending on which one I find first. (and no, I don't like using the latter. I only kept it with me as a spare handset in case my M8 falls apart and because my Hercules' microUSB port stopped working)

Last edited:

pnm3049

Mar 19, 2015
Seriously? Why do you people take the small gap at the bottom of the phone (in the headphone slot) an issue? Seriously guys, this case is an awesome looking case and it serves its purpose well. It is to protect our phone. Gzz

Reactions: BOO5TED

Dadud

Jun 11, 2012
I have this very case, no fitment issues but it is hard to reach the far edge of the screen ( for example when trying to move icons between screens on my launcher) I've dropped it many times with no problems, it likes to trap sand between the case and phone. Its a little bulky compared to a naked phone but it still feels good. I work in a greasy environment where I'll pull my phone out with dirty hands, case is still pretty white and fairly easy to clean with an eraser. No complaints from me

BOO5TED

Jan 22, 2010
ATL
Samsung Galaxy S21
Seriously? Why do you people take the small gap at the bottom of the phone (in the headphone slot) an issue? Seriously guys, this case is an awesome looking case and it serves its purpose well. It is to protect our phone. Gzz

agreed, since I bought a wireless charging adapter and have bluetooth headphones I never even look at the bottom of my phone anymore. It's a non issue for me.

ZacLiang

Dec 22, 2015
Anyone used one with a card slot at the back for a few cards? Does the card slot cover comes out easily?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got my UAG HTC One M8 NAVIGATOR (white) case today. This is actually my 3rd UAG case, I had the AERO (blue) one on my HTC One M7, and I have a the SCOUT (black) one on my work Iphone 5.

Anyways, much like the previous 2 I really like the case, the quality feels good and it feels nice to hold. On the M8 case they put these 4 little grooved bumpers (2 on each side) that give you a slightly better grip which is a nice touch.

This is the first time I've gotten a white case, I'm interested to see how dirty it gets. I was concerned it might look a bit weird with the gun metal color, but since the only part you really see is the speaker grills it looks fine.

My only complaint so far if you notice on the picture the cutout for the main rear camera isn't centered. There is a small silver ring around the camera lens and the top right part of it seems to be covered. Maybe UAG did a bad job with the mold? Or maybe my case was poorly cut. I've sent an email to UAG but what I've seen in the past they are pretty bad at responding to emails. I will update this post if I hear anything.

Anyways for people who like UAG cases, this is another good case for a great phone.

P.S. (knock on wood) I've never tested the drop a ability of these cases, well at least on purpose, I dropped my Iphone from about 3 feet and it was fine, but have no desire to purposely test it.
    Would you mind posting a pic of the front of your phone in the case? I'm curious to see how close the black of the case looks with the gunmetal.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M7

Here you go, not the greatest photo but there isn't much to see on the front, its just a black boarder all the way around.
    Thank you for the review.
    You mentioned a slight misalignment around the camera. Does it affect the pictures taken with the case on? Could you please take a photo with the case off and retake it with the case on to verify?
    Thank you for the review.
    You mentioned a slight misalignment around the camera. Does it affect the pictures taken with the case on? Could you please take a photo with the case off and retake it with the case on to verify?

I had a similar issue with my UAG but within a week it now looks perfectly centered. I can see the chrome ring around the whole lens. The tapered flash cutout is a big improvement over the M7 UAG case.
    Is anybody using the included screen protector? Wondering how bad it is.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M7

It is garbage in my opinion.