Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,205 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][3.0 kernel][PAC-man 4.4.4BETA 1.0[PA,AOKP,CM]

Tip us?

shumash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosawatchie View Post
That explains it, so it's just a nice way of saying app has force closed.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

Is there any solution to minimize those crashes? I can't get netflix to work
If you haven't used your TP in a year, it's likely that many, if not all of your apps, need to be updated for KK. Your battery life in standby is not normal (you got something eating battery in standby). The Netflix issue is discussed ad nauseum in this thread, other threads, the General and Questions and Answers discussions with lots of fixes and suggestions. Search is your friend.

coosawatchie
Old
Thanks Meter 5
? How can apps be outdated if it's the newest clean install of the ROM (7/23/14) with newest gApps and all apps downloaded from the play store. Thanks il search for the netflix issue / solution

shumash
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1655

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosawatchie View Post
? How can apps be outdated if it's the newest clean install of the ROM (7/23/14) with newest gApps and all apps downloaded from the play store. Thanks il search for the netflix issue / solution
The ROM has necessary apps as does gapps, which install in the system/apps folder. All user apps go elsewhere, and if they updated automatically from the Play Store, you should be good to go (those that didn't either work already or the app developer quick working on them). That said, no ROM developer has all the apps available nor will he guarantee that they will work. YMMV. For the battery issue, try not to use airplane mode; just shutoff the wifi and let it sleep that way (although the difference between the battery consumption on or off is minimal).

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Shumash thank you so much for this Rom.
I wiped everything before installing the Rom and the latest gapps, then checked that there were no remnants (Nova and What's app) before changing from Davlick to Art which takes a while up to 20 minutes.
Now all my apps open quickly without any crashes, it hasn't locked up after sleeping or anything else.
I've made my backup in case I do anything to mess it up, but it is honestly the best I have ever used over the last 3 years and Art as far as I'm concerned makes a huge difference.
Thank you very much indeed.

coosawatchie
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shumash View Post
The ROM has necessary apps as does gapps, which install in the system/apps folder. All user apps go elsewhere, and if they updated automatically from the Play Store, you should be good to go (those that didn't either work already or the app developer quick working on them). That said, no ROM developer has all the apps available nor will he guarantee that they will work. YMMV. For the battery issue, try not to use airplane mode; just shutoff the wifi and let it sleep that way (although the difference between the battery consumption on or off is minimal).
Thanks for explaining, will use your advice for airplane mode off. Guess I'll search around for some solutions for Netflix. So far installing older version didn't work. There's talk about using exposed framework or something and installing Netflix patch. Will read more into what that is