Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] My tablet is completely f***ed

Tip us?

Gloftking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation cant believe this

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatux View Post
nvflash is meant to be a debugging software as an absolute last resort to restore a Tegra based device. More on nvflash here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Nvflash

The blobs are tied to your device because nvflash works pretty much at hardware level, so without your own blobs, it's nearly impossible to recover. Here's the procedure to extract the blob before brick: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...with-flatline/

As for "writing to bootloader", if you can't access the bootloader now, it may be because you flashed the wrong bootloader (likely from the 3G variant of the Nexus 7 instead of WiFi-only or vice versa). Unless you can somehow gain access to fastboot, you'll need to recover via nvflash.

Without the blobs backed up, you'll probably be better off replacing the Nexus 7 motherboard with a working OS and all.

deltatux
are you people seriously saying that one command sent electronically through a wire can physically break a device to the extent that it is 100% impossible to repair electronically (if there are no blob files made in advance to preform a recovery). It just makes me wonder how could such a command exist (who on earth would use it). as fer as replacing the motherboard is concerned my n7 is a 32 gb meaning it will be hard to find an affordable replacement.

BTW I am pretty sure the bootloader was for the wifi version (my n7 is wifi) and I am also suspicious that the nexus toolkit had bricked my tablet because I tried the temporary boot feature and I saw in the corner something like "downloading bootloader img". At some other point in time I used the dreaded command (either before or after). I cant remember which one of these these operations had caused the brick because it was only later I noticed the tablet was in a Sleep of Death http://forum.xda-developers.com/images/smilies/mad.gif

thanks for the advice anyway

ArXiLaMaS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The blobs are tied to your device because nvflash works pretty much at hardware level, so without your own blobs, it's nearly impossible to recover. Here's the procedure to extract the blob before brick: http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...with-flatline/
Deltatux can you tell me pls if I can use this guide with KK 4.4.4?
Sorry for asking here but I can't post yet in the developers threads.

Gloftking
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Just a potential fix proposition

Quote:
Have you tried to flash the stock Android images using fastboot?

Note: Following command WILL WIPE your device.

Code:
fastboot -w update image-nakasi-ktu84p.zip
For Nexus 7 (2012 WiFi): https://developers.google.com/androi...s#nakasiktu84p
For Nexus 7 (2012 3G): https://developers.google.com/androi...#nakasigktu84p

deltatux
Quote:
If you erased the bootloader without flashing another one back in, you just bricked your device. The only course of action to save it is to do an nvflash but that would have required you to back up the nvflash blob before this incident. If all else fails, your tablet's a dud.

I would recommend either replacing your entire tablet or buy a replacement board on eBay and replace the motherboard yourself and then it will run like new.

deltatux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erovia View Post
If you entered that command, your device is hardbricked and the only thing you can do about is to send it to Asus/Google for RMA.

guys I have managed to get my nexus 7 into APX mode by pressing the buttons on the side however I am not sure where to go from here. Every time I try to update driver in device manager I get the error "There is no driver selected for the device information set or element" and as a result cannot update it to the asus apx mode interface thing that nvflash provided. if there is any other possible course of action I can take from here that does not involve physical repair then please do let me know after all I Only plan to replace the motherboard as a last resort option

Erovia
Old
Thanks Meter 232
To be able to recover from APX mode, you'd have to have a backup of your tablet. Without a proper backup, you can't do much. Also, there is no way of using someone else's backup, since every motherboard has a different signature key.
Phone: Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid 4+
Kernel: hells-Core
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tablet: Nexus 7
ROM: SlimKat 5+
Kernel: LeanKernel
Recovery: MultiROM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Motorola Milestone A853 ROM: CyanogenMod 9.1.0d Recovery: Open Recovery MiniMod by -FuFu-

nihil sleighride
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Could someone confirm if my assumptions are correct?

Mine is stuck in APX mode therefore if I send it to ASUS to repair my data will lost? If the motherboard is replaced my data is lost? In its current state my data on it is unrecoverable?

Just wondering if it's safe to sell for spares, seeing that I've got no way to wipe it.