Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 40,695 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP](Root Req)Viper4Android Sound

Tip us?

nicolase1106
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxyyz View Post
Cada zé mané que me aparece...

Sorry for my poor english. What I meant is that my S5 was only rooted and the rest is all as it came from the factory.
But after a while the controls on the headset started to function normally. Thank you.

Same as my S5.
In the first 2mins, it sounds perfect but it was back to normal after that.
No matter what I changed, enable Viper4 or not, it sounds the same...
>________<
Anyone here can help?

Borfas
Old
Thanks Meter 24
children.... galaxy s5 has a perfected sound right for s5.
modifying audio system fails s5 sound clarity.
I tested several programs, including this one.
I have nothing with this post: on the contrary, works perfectly well change system audio on other phone or tablet! but s5 .... dies: D

riso123
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolase1106 View Post
Same as my S5.
In the first 2mins, it sounds perfect but it was back to normal after that.
No matter what I changed, enable Viper4 or not, it sounds the same...
>________<
Anyone here can help?
Did you follow everything in the original post exactly? Sounds like you didn't change the EQ settings in the sound options on your phone from musicfx to viper.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

fribriz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by duwerk View Post
Just wanted to post that I have installed Viper4Android and it works beautifully on my rooted S5. This app is the #1 reason I root.

This app will change the way you think about sound (seriously). Every time I demo the difference to someone by turning it on and off they immediately ask me to install it for them.

Installed using directions by @docnok63, paraphrased below for your convenience. I have only tested this app on my rooted T-mobile S5, and only with spotify (it's the only player I use). Of course you should always backup first and only you are responsible for what you do to your device.

1. Ensure you are rooted. From this point on, grant all superuser requests.

2. Download ViPER4Android FX. Get the latest version under the "Android FX" heading.

3. Extract the 4.x .apk from the zip. If you haven't already, smart-install Busybox from the play store.

4. Move the 4.x .apk to root system/app using a root-friendly file browser of your choice. Reboot to reset permissions.

5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. Reboot again.

6. Go straight to settings/sound/music effects (at the bottom) and toggle Viper4Android as default.

7. Open root system/build.prop using a file explorer and text editor with root access. You change three lines of code as follows. Some may already have been changed.

Code:
Select Code
Ipa.decode=true should read Ipa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=true to tunnel.decode=false
lpa.use-stagefright=true to lpa.use-stagefright=false
8. Save the file and reboot once more. Open the Viper4Android app and have at the sound settings; play around until you find what works for you (just make sure to check "Enable" ). You can edit the settings as you have music playing. When you get it where you want it, toggle the enable button and see how far you've come.

You can explore the main app thread here for some ideas on customization.

All credit due to @viper520, @zhuhang, and @docnok63.

All I did was paraphrase. Hope this helps someone!
Working well on Sony Xperia Z2 as well. I just use Titanium Backup to set as system app. Saves lots of hassle.

omgitsspooky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm using root explorer (free version) and attempted to copy the .apk file to system/app. However, it won't let me paste because the file system is read-only. Do I need the paid version to do this?

Also can't edit system/build.prop...

zic1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
After this step:
5. Launch the app (from your app drawer). Grant root to let it install drivers. I've always gone with super audio quality; I suppose it's up to you. It may ask you if it can modify some files to disable power saving...just let it happen. Reboot again.

I checked driver status -> Enabled: No

I don't know reason, I used this app on my previous phones normally...
Any clue?
LG Optimus 2x / ROM: Jelly Cream 1.4 /Baseband version: V30A / Kernel: Kowalski M1 / KoB 0.7
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F / Stock ROM G900FXX1ANE2/ Towelroot

engel666sk
Old
(Last edited by engel666sk; 24th July 2014 at 04:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsspooky View Post
I'm using root explorer (free version) and attempted to copy the .apk file to system/app. However, it won't let me paste because the file system is read-only. Do I need the paid version to do this?

Also can't edit system/build.prop...
As far as I know you need the paid version to edit root folders. Buy it, it's worth the Money.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zic1 View Post
After this step:

I checked driver status -> Enabled: No

I don't know reason, I used this app on my previous phones normally...
Any clue?
Are you using superuser or superSU?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

zic1
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Are you using superuser or superSU?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app[/QUOTE]

SuperSU, stock ROM with Towelroot
LG Optimus 2x / ROM: Jelly Cream 1.4 /Baseband version: V30A / Kernel: Kowalski M1 / KoB 0.7
Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F / Stock ROM G900FXX1ANE2/ Towelroot

Tags
booyah, galaxys5, root, viper, viper4android