Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Z2][4.4][SOUNDMOD]Both speakers while incoming call + headphones boost upd20.07.2014

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1077

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrearierJester1 View Post
Thanks for the update but what exactly has been changed? .314 already fixed the notification sound (more louder) plus clearer voice during phone calls, aside from headphone boost ?
By flashing this mod you get way louder headphones and any audio comes out of both speakers. Not just the bottom one. This update is rebased on the newest .314 firmware file from sony so you'd get all the quality you'd get from the stock experience + my tweaks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT John Doe View Post
Ok Let me put it this way then.
1. I flashed your mod for the first time since i though the mod it self was a great idea.
2. It turned out that the mod was not as good as i hoped for. I could not hear anyone over the phone when talking to someone.
3. I wiped my phone completely and restored it to stock. So on i got my speaker back again.
4. I gave the mod another go, and this time it seemed to work.
5. I noticed that when i was talking to someone/everyone over the phone their voices sounded weird. Popping and scratching sounds in the background.
6. I decided to let this mod go for now and flashed the Z2 1.0 stock sound revert KK without backup
But it seems like the revert doesn't work. Both speaker still plays sounds and i still have problems with popping and scratching sounds when i'm talking over the phone.
There might have been some issues between firmwares in the Z2. I'm not entirely sure why. Update to the latest firmware (.314) and try my latest 1.3 zip. It should work perfectly now.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SGT John Doe
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
There might have been some issues between firmwares in the Z2. I'm not entirely sure why. Update to the latest firmware (.314) and try my latest 1.3 zip. It should work perfectly now.
I've never touched the firmware before so i have no idea how to update it. Doesn't that comes with Roms?
And please, forget to hit the thank button if i helped you out. My wife knows that my penis is bigger then yours anyway.

Breenyz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just flashed 1.3 working very well alongside viper4android

adamsmth663
Old
Thanks Meter 29
this is just the mixer_paths file right? is there any reason it shouldnt work in CM11?

jake460
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsmth663 View Post
this is just the mixer_paths file right? is there any reason it shouldnt work in CM11?
+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Galaxy S4 LTE, galaxy tab 2 cm10.2, galaxy player 5 cm11, galaxy player 4.2

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1077

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT John Doe View Post
I've never touched the firmware before so i have no idea how to update it. Doesn't that comes with Roms?
just update the stock rom to .314
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsmth663 View Post
Yeah, it should work perfectly with CM11
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

SGT John Doe
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
just update the stock rom to .314
Just noticed that i was released i Sweden today, so i give it a try.
Thanks
And please, forget to hit the thank button if i helped you out. My wife knows that my penis is bigger then yours anyway.

DrearierJester1
Old
Thanks Meter 133
just an OT, have you observed that the bottom speaker is louder than the top? I'm not actually pertaining to this mod, but probably the dev can optimize the top speaker volume to match at the bottom? I noticed it with the new .314 FW.

Luhccas-X10
Old
Thanks Meter 44
As i'm on .55 (D6543, brazilian one), did some modifications in 1.0 version.
This mod are extremely loud and with MH750 it's distorts a lot.
So, ive changed some values and now are perfectly fine for my "eartaste".

Geiger's
Old
(Last edited by Geiger's; Yesterday at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
@olokos, it works perfectly, thank you so much. If you want a tester,I got a z2. But, as @Luhccas-X10 said, with our Brazilian headphones the sound is too loud and distorted, could you make it a bit lower?
Ah, could you do something about notifications? They are too low.