OP jaredmorgs

24th June 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 53

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Since 4.4.3 was released, I've had issues with HIDs like Keyboards and PS3 controllers working reliably.

The devices get a key lock issue, and result in repeeeeeeeeeeeated keystrokes, or just no keystrokes depending on when the Bluetooth stream from the device freezes.

For the record, I am not a ROM developer. I do know you can make a flashable zip fairly easily, as described in a few threads here on XDA.

I'm trying to work out whether it would be possible to create a flashable ZIP of just the bluetooth components from Android 4.4.2 and flash those over a 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 ROM.

My thinking is that flashing the previously working bluetooth components would fix the issue, and restore stabilty to the OS.

I'd be very interested for opinions from ROM devs whether this approach could work, or whether loading a previous versions' bluetooth stack would cause more instability.
24th June 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #2  
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator - Judgment is Coming
Mega-City One
Thanks Meter: 27,480

15,960 posts
More
Pleeeeeeease read the Forum Rules on posting as this does not belong in the Development section, thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Judge Joseph Dredd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Joseph Dredd

Pleeeeeeease read the Forum Rules on posting as this does not belong in the Development section, thank you.

My apologies.

For the record, I did read the stickied post in this forum, but didn't realise questions *about* development were not welcome in the Development forum because I didn't read down far enough when it finally got to the Categories definitions. Maybe this should be promoted up the list a bit in the stickied post? There's a lot of information to parse in that sticky for a first-time reader.

Mods, please feel free to move to N7 2013 Q&A (I take it this is the correct place?)

Again my apologies for the mistake.
Last edited by jaredmorgs; 24th June 2014 at 07:10 AM.
24th July 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Brisbane

202 posts
Donate to Me
More
For the record, I think I might have resolved this issue.

In Android 4.4, there is a setting in Wi-Fi for Power Saving. Turn this feature off and the issues with key repeats and pauses disappear.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread