Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,385 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ViperOne 6.2.1 Questions

Tip us?

JoeColadarci
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] ViperOne 6.2.1 Questions

Hello. I just flashed this ROM and the phone works. I have all my apps and contacts, etc. However, besides it showing in the Software Information section of the About page, there is absolutely no indication of the ROM being installed. My home screen is black and I lost my top status bar normally showing the signal, time, battery life, etc. Any ideas?

SakreD
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColadarci View Post
Hello. I just flashed this ROM and the phone works. I have all my apps and contacts, etc. However, besides it showing in the Software Information section of the About page, there is absolutely no indication of the ROM being installed. My home screen is black and I lost my top status bar normally showing the signal, time, battery life, etc. Any ideas?
Did you "Remove Sense" and select to install Google Now Launcher in the Viper installer? Because that was giving me issues similar to yours. Try doing another clean install and this time either do not remove Sense, or if you decide to remove sense select Nova Launcher instead.

JoeColadarci
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Oops

Turns out I was only flashing the update. After reading more into it I realized the ROM was 1.3g and flashed it, then the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakreD View Post
Did you "Remove Sense" and select to install Google Now Launcher in the Viper installer? Because that was giving me issues similar to yours. Try doing another clean install and this time either do not remove Sense, or if you decide to remove sense select Nova Launcher instead.

JoeColadarci
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery Life

So, my phone has been unplugged for about 2 hours. It was barely used and just about all apps are closed. My battery is down to 88%. How can I improve the battery life? Is there any kind of "tweek" available?

fanbogo
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColadarci View Post
So, my phone has been unplugged for about 2 hours. It was barely used and just about all apps are closed. My battery is down to 88%. How can I improve the battery life? Is there any kind of "tweek" available?
your apps eating battery and there is no tweak, you can change kernel, im using v059 from poondog

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Nathalie345
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HELP! Statusbar changed into white Icons

I need help! I didn't know where to post it, so I try it here..
My "Circle Batterie" in ViperOne 6.2.0 which normally changes the colours (100-75% = blue; 74-50% = green ...) is suddenly white.
And the Icons like the alarm clock, bluetooth... is white too even though I set purple as the colour of these.

Thank You for answer.