Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more
Post Reply

[Q] Gear 2 Neo with watch faces from www.gearfaces.com

OP jamesbond007uk

13th April 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshter2000

This is due HTML5 based OS on the Neo and Gear2...
Gear1 runs android so someone needs to see if there can be a app created for HTML5.... Sadly WatchStyler is not compatible with Gear2 and Neo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Ok Thanks. Hopefully someone is creative to create a new app.
13th April 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
327 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2006
More
Was the original watch styler a Samsung App?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #13  
ex-28's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 80
 
957 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
ok so we have to wait for a new version ..

and far as in the store im not seeing any apps at all for the clock. for gear 2
Last edited by ex-28; 13th April 2014 at 03:26 PM.
13th April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash99

Was the original watch styler a Samsung App?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No, from www.gearfaces.com. The Gear Faces from Samsung App store works fine.....but not what I want
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesbond007uk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #15  
bahamasjkh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Amboy, NJ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Watchstyler
I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.
Last edited by bahamasjkh; 13th April 2014 at 07:48 PM. Reason: misspelling
13th April 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #16  
Qwallace70129's Avatar
Senior Member
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 192
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamasjkh

I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th April 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #17  
bahamasjkh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South Amboy, NJ
Thanks Meter: 34
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwallace70129

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".
13th April 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #18  
Qwallace70129's Avatar
Senior Member
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks Meter: 192
 
549 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamasjkh

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".

You can change the backgrounds..... Lol. I know it's not much.. but what can we really expect 2 days after its release? Devs are probably waiting to see if the buzz behind these products actually produces numbers. Maybe when enough purple start clamoring for it someone will step up to the plate and create an app. It just sucks (IMO) because the big draw was suppose to be how easy it would be to create html5/java apps.... but no one has actually done it yet....

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 01:19 PM   |  #19  
amaya84's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
More
A user of this forum have made a face clock modifying the example that comes in the Tizen SDK.

The actual Wacht Styler dont work with the new Gear Manager.
24th July 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #20  
rorijam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
331 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond007uk

Ok Thanks. Hopefully someone is creative to create a new app.

HI,
I installed Styler form samsung store and I have created some new faces and they work OK, I havent loaded one from gearfaces but they have 4 supposedly compatible with tizen from main pages menu.

I will give a try as soon as my watch returns...I have returned to seller because it has a problem with the battery.

Cheers,
Last edited by rorijam; 24th July 2014 at 09:31 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
face, gear, neo, watch
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes