Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 54,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Gear 2 Neo with watch faces from www.gearfaces.com

Tip us?

jamesbond007uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshter2000 View Post
This is due HTML5 based OS on the Neo and Gear2...
Gear1 runs android so someone needs to see if there can be a app created for HTML5.... Sadly WatchStyler is not compatible with Gear2 and Neo

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Ok Thanks. Hopefully someone is creative to create a new app.

ash99
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Was the original watch styler a Samsung App?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ex-28
Old
(Last edited by ex-28; 13th April 2014 at 03:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 78
ok so we have to wait for a new version ..

and far as in the store im not seeing any apps at all for the clock. for gear 2
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 G900W8 (rogers)
Model:SM-G900W8
Android Version:4.4.2
Baseband Version: G900W8VLU1ANF3
Kernal: 3.4.0-1947824
Build: Omega V7.0 - XXU1ANG2
Launcher: Apex Launcher Pro

XDA-dev Is My Daily Newspaper !

jamesbond007uk
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash99 View Post
Was the original watch styler a Samsung App?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
No, from www.gearfaces.com. The Gear Faces from Samsung App store works fine.....but not what I want
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesbond007uk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bahamasjkh
Old
(Last edited by bahamasjkh; 13th April 2014 at 07:48 PM.) Reason: misspelling
Thanks Meter 33
Default Watchstyler

I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.
Nothing of any value comes easily

Qwallace70129
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamasjkh View Post
I find it hard to believe that the Gear2 would be released without an app for making watch faces. Watchstyler was universally touted as being THE most useful and popular app for the original Gear. Surely Sammy would capitalize on its popularity! The next smartwatch I purchase would have to allow me to continue to enjoy the plethora of watchfaces created by the talented folks @ XDA! For me it is a watch first!... and I am spoilt to the core after having so many choices of faces to ever go back to just a few primitive "cartoonish" dials! I want the new Gear2 so badly I can taste it! But until we can "port" over the watchfaces already available or come up with a viable method of creating new ones in Tizen I will continue to enjoy what I have.... which, after all, is still a kick-@ss piece of technology!.... sorry... just had to get that off my chest!.
Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bahamasjkh
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwallace70129 View Post
Why would Samsung capitalize on it? It was never their app to begin with. It was a privately created app. Blame the creators of watch styler for not rewriting the app for the gear 2.

Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".
Nothing of any value comes easily

Qwallace70129
Old
Thanks Meter 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamasjkh View Post
Why would Samsung capitalize on it? Are you kidding? One of the major complaints (one) was that the Gear was released with a very limited collection of stock faces. Even now there is only a handful of "crackerjack" watchfaces. I'm not blaming anyone.... simply stating my dismay and disbelief that there seems to be no method (now) of rocking out the Gear2 with a little more sophisticated watchfaces. I work in a luxury jewelry store and certainly won't be wearing a S5 wallpaper on my wrist. I am well aware that it was created by one of Sammys "partners".
You can change the backgrounds..... Lol. I know it's not much.. but what can we really expect 2 days after its release? Devs are probably waiting to see if the buzz behind these products actually produces numbers. Maybe when enough purple start clamoring for it someone will step up to the plate and create an app. It just sucks (IMO) because the big draw was suppose to be how easy it would be to create html5/java apps.... but no one has actually done it yet....

amaya84
Old
Thanks Meter 51
A user of this forum have made a face clock modifying the example that comes in the Tizen SDK.

The actual Wacht Styler dont work with the new Gear Manager.

rorijam
Old
(Last edited by rorijam; 24th July 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond007uk View Post
Ok Thanks. Hopefully someone is creative to create a new app.
HI,
I installed Styler form samsung store and I have created some new faces and they work OK, I havent loaded one from gearfaces but they have 4 supposedly compatible with tizen from main pages menu.

I will give a try as soon as my watch returns...I have returned to seller because it has a problem with the battery.

Cheers,
Galaxy note 3 + Gear 2 Neo

Tags
face, gear, neo, watch