Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][CM / MIUI][22.07.14] Williams kernel v4

Tip us?

Gamm86
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshadow2 View Post
This is for cm and miui only
He's on the same ROM as I am (Vanir) and here it's working without any issues.

(Already mentioned a few posts later)

nevadasaga
Old
Thanks Meter 55

DONATE TO ME
Thanks you are online.. I cannot detect my phone on PC.. i wanna ask something.. Is it good to reflash original kernel from MIUI?

Xeon721
Old
(Last edited by Xeon721; 23rd July 2014 at 03:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
I lost root access after install this kernel
Any ideas?

Ok I'm kinda stupid, I went to developers options..

ironshadow2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Hey, I have installed this ROM and the phone overheat really fast
when I use this phone for about 5 mins only, it overheats

pec0ra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hey, I have installed this ROM and the phone overheat really fast
when I use this phone for about 5 mins only, it overheats
Do you mind sharing your setting ?

Mine doesn't overheat with these settings but maybe my use is lighter than yours.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-12-04.png
Views:	79
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	2868751

ironshadow2
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra View Post
Do you mind sharing your setting ?

Mine doesn't overheat with these settings but maybe my use is lighter than yours.
Attachment 2868751
same settings but using ondemand governor

ironshadow2
Old
(Last edited by ironshadow2; Yesterday at 07:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
it overheat 1 degree every 2 minutes. and even faster when browsing.
please help, this is really annoying

pec0ra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
it overheat 1 degree every 2 minutes. and even faster when browsing.
please help, this is really annoying
If overheat is really a concern then use intelliactive governor and tune its highspeed freq to about 1 GHz.
If this still isn't sufficient then consider underclocking your cpu. It won't overheat at 1.5 GHz.

Our phone has always overheat problem when the cpu is running on both cores at 1.7 GHz. The only difference between one kernel or rom to another is in how frequently the cores will be at this frequency. Some roms put more load and the cpu, thus more overheat. The kernel will let you choose governors (or mpdecision) which will react differently to the load. If you use ondemand (One of the most aggressive governor) and you are on CM which, if I remember right, had always overheat. Then it is normal that your phone gets hot.

The only thing I could do to avoid overheat is to clock the cpu in one way or another.

Another way which could work ( I'm not really sure ) is undervolting the cpu (less voltage, less heat) but I don't think we can undervolt a lot the 1.7GHz step.
The Following User Says Thank You to pec0ra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ironshadow2
Old
(Last edited by ironshadow2; Yesterday at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra View Post
If overheat is really a concern then use intelliactive governor and tune its highspeed freq to about 1 GHz.
If this still isn't sufficient then consider underclocking your cpu. It won't overheat at 1.5 GHz.

Our phone has always overheat problem when the cpu is running on both cores at 1.7 GHz. The only difference between one kernel or rom to another is in how frequently the cores will be at this frequency. Some roms put more load and the cpu, thus more overheat. The kernel will let you choose governors (or mpdecision) which will react differently to the load. If you use ondemand (One of the most aggressive governor) and you are on CM which, if I remember right, had always overheat. Then it is normal that your phone gets hot.

The only thing I could do to avoid overheat is to clock the cpu in one way or another.

Another way which could work ( I'm not really sure ) is undervolting the cpu (less voltage, less heat) but I don't think we can undervolt a lot the 1.7GHz step.
thnx man, but when I enable mpdecision , I can not underclock the second core. Is it possible to underclock the second core when the mpdecision is enabled ?

pec0ra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
thnx man, but when I enable mpdecision , I can not underclock the second core. Is it possible to underclock the second core when the mpdecision is enabled ?
Sure you can !
Just follow the instructions on this post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=125

The Following User Says Thank You to pec0ra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]