Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Samsung s5 verizon charging stuck at 35%

OP droidthatguy

29th April 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
Anyone having this problem? My verizon s5 stuck at 35% and will not charge more than that. When it hit 35% in the battery setting,it show up as "not charging". Anything under 35% it show up as charging (AC).
Last edited by droidthatguy; 30th April 2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: FIXED: i just flash it back to the stock rom and it works.Thanks everyone.
29th April 2014, 12:45 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 199

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidthatguy

Anyone having this problem? My verizon s5 stuck at 35% and will not charge more than that. When it hit 35% in the battery setting,it show up as "not charging". Anything under 35% it show up as charging (AC).

Have not personally had this problem, but did you try and pop the battery back off, and remove it for a few seconds, then re-install it, and try charging?
29th April 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8

Have not personally had this problem, but did you try and pop the battery back off, and remove it for a few seconds, then re-install it, and try charging?

I have tried,but that didn't work. I also tried reset the whole phone, but it still stop charging at 35%. When i boot up the phone it say "custom powered by android" and under device status it say "custom". Maybe i can tried put offical vz. firmware, but im not sure it's available for download as of today.
29th April 2014, 08:34 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:

Never had this issue myself. May be you should get your battery checked.
29th April 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 199

547 posts
More
Quote:

I have tried,but that didn't work. I also tried reset the whole phone, but it still stop charging at 35%. When i boot up the phone it say "custom powered by android" and under device status it say "custom". Maybe i can tried put offical vz. firmware, but im not sure it's available for download as of today.

The rom is available in Dev section.
30th April 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprice8

The rom is available in Dev section.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidthatguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
having the same problem for verizon s5 any updates???
having the same problem for verizon s5 any updates???
23rd July 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag providence

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
im having the SAME DAMN ISSUE!! i know its not the battery or the charger because my gf has a s5 and I tested her battery and my her charger on mine. still nothing! any updates?? S5 is became pretty disappointing
24th July 2014, 01:14 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 14

34 posts
More
Have any of you messed with the battery settings in field test mode? Specifically, the one that says something like "warning, this will mess up your battery meter"? Sounds like that's what the problem is. Or the solution if that's not what you did.
24th July 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #10  
Flag providence

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
I didnt know it has that kinda setting on the S5 so my answer to that is no. I flashed 2 different ROMS and it still does the same thing. OEM chargers or 2.0 micro USB nothing. I after buying the S5 i read so many bad reviews its very disappointing and I actually put the S5 away and using the s4 now til i figure this BS out

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread