Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,500 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FTF INDEX] Sony Xperia M2 --Stock Firmwares(no root required)

Tip us?
 
asdaser
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default system ui crash

I flashed m xperia m2 with the its default firmware XPERIA M2 D2303 Central Europe 18.0.C.1.13 .

Now when the phone starts it gives me : Unfortunate, System UI has stopped. and i cant do anything on it , it gives me that everytime.

Anyone had this problem and how can i solve it ?

I tried to flash to default rom several times but the error msg keeps appearing.

Any help is appreciated

Thanx
 
drelite08
Old
(Last edited by drelite08; 6th July 2014 at 07:33 PM.)
#12  
drelite08's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 132
Posts: 865
Join Date: Nov 2010
Will need a full reset. Do it from recovery (keep tapping volume down on the Sony boot up screen) be sure to back up all your data though as it will erase the phones internal memory.

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
asdaser
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelite08 View Post
Will need a full reset. Do it from recovery (keep tapping volume down on the Sony boot up screen) be sure to back up all your data though as it will erase the phones internal memory.

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I installed CWM, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache , installed stock firmware but sill it gives me that Error... cant do anything on the phone....

any other idea ?
 
chrisjwild
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 113
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kidderminster
Where did you get cwm for the D2303? The only one I know of that is out is for the D2305. Installing the D2305 cwm on the D2303 will cause you problems.

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
asdaser
Old
(Last edited by asdaser; 6th July 2014 at 10:25 PM.)
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjwild View Post
Where did you get cwm for the D2303? The only one I know of that is out is for the D2305. Installing the D2305 cwm on the D2303 will cause you problems.

Sent from my D2303 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I got the CWM from this site androidrootcentral.***/how-to-root-sony-xperia-m2/
the name of the image is M2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-30_v01.img

Idk if its for D2303 or D2305 , ill start searching cwm for D2303 then

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-FACE View Post
Will there be a problem if I flash D2305 - 18.0.A.1.30 on D2303, to be able to root with doomlord's root method?
I tried installing D2305 firmware on D2303, it didnt work.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I cant find any cwm for D2303... did a full reset again , installed stock firmware for d2303... i still get that error systemiu has stopped....
 
asdaser
Old
#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdaser View Post
I got the CWM from this site androidrootcentral.***/how-to-root-sony-xperia-m2/
the name of the image is M2_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW-30_v01.img

Idk if its for D2303 or D2305 , ill start searching cwm for D2303 then

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------



I tried installing D2305 firmware on D2303, it didnt work.

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

I cant find any cwm for D2303... did a full reset again , installed stock firmware for d2303... i still get that error systemiu has stopped....
Never mind i found the problem , had to remove to external SD card... now its working
 
sam22sam
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jul 2009
can you please upload a global firmware for D2303 with arabic language included
the one posted above is Central Europe which hasn't arabic language

thanks in advance and please have a nice day


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Rir Yourself Charging Annoyances with No Wake on Charge Xposed Module

Almost every OEM has skinned and otherwise modifiedAndroid to suit its … more

Run, Jump, and Shoot in Tales of Ciaxia

There are certain types of games that have become paramount of the portable gaming world. As we have … more