Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,438 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Psa: DO NOT TAKE OTAs after updating to kitkat leak (nc2)

Tip us?

zwieringa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Angry ANY more input?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbxx7 View Post
I no mje works for sure. Haven't read of anybody trying mj7. Mje fixed my signal issues

TaPpEd from my XpOsEd 4.4.2 NIII
Ok will try... thanks I appreciate a quick response as everyone it's ALL WAYS on the go and ready to flash flash flash.. anyone else have any other wise words or any ROM that I should try etc?

dpoverlord
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hey guys!

Verizon is sending me a new Note 3, right now I am on MJE with Beans latest version from 1/1/14, if the phone has Kit Kat what is the best way to revert to this version. I have not updated my phone in 5 months and forgot totally what the right next steps are.

WOULD REALLY REALLY appreciate any help / take any recommendations, since I am trying to figure out how I can root the new phone if it has kit kat as well.

Thanks so much!

zwieringa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoverlord View Post
Hey guys!

Verizon is sending me a new Note 3, right now I am on MJE with Beans latest version from 1/1/14, if the phone has Kit Kat what is the best way to revert to this version. I have not updated my phone in 5 months and forgot totally what the right next steps are.

WOULD REALLY REALLY appreciate any help / take any recommendations, since I am trying to figure out how I can root the new phone if it has kit kat as well.

Thanks so much!
LMFAO.... I just posted about my current situation with needed modem help... just today I received a replacement vzw note 3 hoping it would be NOT on NC4 kit Kat... well it sure is in NC4.... so anyone have a good idea what I should do with this nc4 factory sent replacement phone? My note 3 is fully functioning so I really could just send it back and tell them nc4 had NO service so I'm keeping my current phone. Should I do something else with this fresh, never connected note 3 from vzw? Since it is factory sent with nc4 then all I have going is root isn't ur?

dpoverlord.... towelroot is a one-click rooting tool packaged as an APK. Download it from Towelroot.com (click on the lambda symbol), run the APK on your phone (Google will warn you that the app bypasses Android’s defenses – that’s normal), click “make it ra1n”, and away you go.

dpoverlord
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwieringa View Post
LMFAO.... I just posted about my current situation with needed modem help... just today I received a replacement vzw note 3 hoping it would be NOT on NC4 kit Kat... well it sure is in NC4.... so anyone have a good idea what I should do with this nc4 factory sent replacement phone? My note 3 is fully functioning so I really could just send it back and tell them nc4 had NO service so I'm keeping my current phone. Should I do something else with this fresh, never connected note 3 from vzw? Since it is factory sent with nc4 then all I have going is root isn't ur?

dpoverlord.... towelroot is a one-click rooting tool packaged as an APK. Download it from Towelroot.com (click on the lambda symbol), run the APK on your phone (Google will warn you that the app bypasses Android’s defenses – that’s normal), click “make it ra1n”, and away you go.
I am going to be in your boat soon, the only reason verizon is sending me a new phone is that my battery is not holding a charge. I can do what you just said and send it back to them.

What do you think is the best method, I would like a shiny spanking new phone.... but if I get NC4 am I SOL? What do we do if it comes with NC4? Can we go back to:
This is the image I think you guys mean:

[ROM/ROOT][N900VVRUCNC2][4.4.2] Stock Root Odex/DeOdex [04/23/14]★
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726558

*** How To Update From JB 4.3 To KK 4.4.2 On Verizon RETAIL NOTE 3
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2543386