Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM] [AOSP] eXcaliBur Kernel 0.5 | July 7th

Tip us?

xboxfanj
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 6150

DONATE TO ME
Just to clarify, this isn't Franco's interactive governor. I can try that if you guys want, but it's only the ramdisk settings for now. Same for OPO.

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dandan2980
Old
Thanks Meter 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfanj View Post
Just to clarify, this isn't Franco's interactive governor. I can try that if you guys want, but it's only the ramdisk settings for now. Same for OPO.
Ok just using his as a reference havent seen that setting in any other kernels didn't know but I know it was in his.

llsantiago
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
That would be awesome, I think that you should give it a try, I'm using the excalibur-OPO right now and got an noticeable difference

xboxfanj
Old
Thanks Meter 6150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by llsantiago View Post
That would be awesome, I think that you should give it a try, I'm using the excalibur-OPO right now and got an noticeable difference
Noticeable difference between franco and OPO?

If you need help with anything or just wanna chat, feel free to GTalk me at xboxlover360@gmail.com or PM me

llsantiago
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Noticeable difference between franco and OPO?
Between the stock Excalibur and these custom versions that you made, I can't really tell the difference between Franco and OPO

Sorry for my bad English

xboxfanj
Old
Thanks Meter 6150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Between the stock Excalibur and these custom versions that you made, I can't really tell the difference between Franco and OPO

Sorry for my bad English
I agree with you and your English is fine. To be honest, I wouldn't have any idea that you weren't a native English speaker

New build coming with slight update to the governor settings and the governor itself courtesy of myfluxi http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/ow...de%253E%22,n,z

Also trying to fix DotCase.

The Following User Says Thank You to xboxfanj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

llsantiago
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
I agree with you and your English is fine. To be honest, I wouldn't have any idea that you weren't a native English speaker

New build coming with slight update to the governor settings and the governor itself courtesy of myfluxi http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/ow...de%253E%22,n,z

Also trying to fix DotCase.
Thank you man, I have just one year of learning.
It's so good to see improvements with the governors, I don't know much about power consumption but watching frequency scaling I can see that cores go online and offline so many times, wouldn't be better to set two cores always online and make the use of four cores more difficult?

xboxfanj
Old
Thanks Meter 6150

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you man, I have just one year of learning.
It's so good to see improvements with the governors, I don't know much about power consumption but watching frequency scaling I can see that cores go online and offline so many times, wouldn't be better to set two cores always online and make the use of four cores more difficult?
Don't think so. Accidentally had two cores onlined at all times on my first couple builds and battery was worse.