Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,905 Members 39,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from lacoursiere18: Updated core and debloated build now in the OP!

[ROM][I605VRUFND7][4.4.2]OFFICIAL STOCK ROOTED ODEX/DEODEX[6/19/2014]

Tip us?
 
Sal R.
Old
#971  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 24
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootabaga View Post
Sorry to take so long to report back. I was finally able to test the BT on the Note 2 with 4.4.2 and my Pioneer head unit and am happy to say it seems to work very well.

It paired easily, I played audio for about 20 minutes and the audio was smooth, not choppy at all. If I switched audio sources (from BT to HD Radio for example) the phone stayed connected and when I switched back to BT it resumed playback where it left off.

I don't know how you can fit this monstrosity of a phone in your pocket, but I put the phone in the back seat and it had no effect on playback.

Since I haven't done much tweaking to the phone yet, I did these tests using the stock music player. Normally I use PowerAmp.
Tried loading up this ROM again last night after reading your feedback and still suffer from the same issue. Doesn't matter how close I hold up my Note 2 to my HU. The issue was the same streaming from the Google Music, XiiaLive internet radio, and MX Player app.

I guess I'm stuck with Alliance 4.3 for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootabaga View Post
I do have one issue that is irritating. I don't know if it's the Note 2 or my head unit, but every time BT pairs with my phone it automatically causes my default music app to start playing. Does yours do this?
I had that issue when I still had my "old" DEH-8500BH single DIN HU.

Oddly enough, this has not happened once w/ my AVIC-X850BT.

I, actually, would like to have this issue.
 
thisguyeh
Old
#972  
thisguyeh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 167
Join Date: Jun 2010
Has anyone got snapchat to work with 4.4.2 ? It won't work for me. Keep saying failed to save when I try to snap.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app
 
Rootabaga
Old
(Last edited by Rootabaga; Yesterday at 08:52 PM.)
#973  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default External SD Card Woes

I finally succeeded in flashing the odex/stock/rooted ROM. The whole process could not have gone smoother. Thanks to all who made this available and for all the info in this thread!

Just about everything is working great but I am still having external SD card issues. Specifically, 3rd party non-rooted apps can't access it.

I flashed Lacoursiere18's EXternal_Storage_Fix.zip which modifies /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml. This solved the issues with Titanium Backup and Root Explorer, but not other apps. In addition, I ran a couple apps, NetAppSDfix and SD KitKat Fixer. These two apps confirmed that my platform.xml file had already been correctly changed and they said my apps "should" be able to access the external SD card.

I also ran FolderMount. When it launched, it said it found a problem and proceeded to successfully modify /system/bin/sdcard.

However, 3rd party apps such as Dolphin Browser, Outlook, Maverick (Offline GPS) and others still can't access my External SD card.

I have been reading extensively to find a solution and still can't get a definitive answer if there is a complete fix for this problem. I have a SanDisk 64GB Extreme card and use it heavily and not being able to do this anymore really cripples the device for me. I'm pretty sure it's not the card itself because I have tried smaller cards as well and tried both Fat32 and exFat.

Is this problem really fixable with this ROM? Are others having this issue? Can anyone help?

Thanks
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#974  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3666
Posts: 2,697
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootabaga View Post
I finally succeeded in flashing the odex/stock/rooted ROM. The whole process could not have gone smoother. Thanks to all who made this available and for all the info in this thread!

Just about everything is working great but I am still having external SD card issues. Specifically, 3rd party non-rooted apps can't access it.

I flashed Lacoursiere18's EXternal_Storage_Fix.zip which modifies /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml. This solved the issues with Titanium Backup and Root Explorer, but not other apps. In addition, I ran a couple apps, NetAppSDfix and SD KitKat Fixer. These two apps confirmed that my platform.xml file had already been correctly changed and they said my apps "should" be able to access the external SD card.

I also ran FolderMount. When it launched, it said it found a problem and proceeded to successfully modify /system/bin/sdcard.

However, 3rd party apps such as Dolphin Browser, Outlook, Maverick (Offline GPS) and others still can't access my External SD card.

I have been reading extensively to find a solution and still can't get a definitive answer if there is a complete fix for this problem. I have a SanDisk 64GB Extreme card and use it heavily and not being able to do this anymore really cripples the device for me. I'm pretty sure it's not the card itself because I have tried smaller cards as well and tried both Fat32 and exFat.

Is this problem really fixable with this ROM? Are others having this issue? Can anyone help?

Thanks
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...30&postcount=1
The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ganggreen777
Old
#975  
ganggreen777's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 74
Posts: 702
Join Date: Oct 2010
I guess there isn't a fix.....I even tried Agni no luck....that SUCKS. I'll go back to a stable dn3.....
 
Rootabaga
Old
#976  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Thanks so much for responding so quickly!

I followed the instructions to the letter and no luck.

Here is what the relevant portion of my platform.xml looks like:

<permission name="android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
<group gid="sdcard_r"/>
</permission>
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE">
<group gid="sdcard_r"/>
<group gid="sdcard_rw"/>
<group gid="media_rw"/>
</permission>
<permission name="android.permission.ACCESS_ALL_EXTERNAL_STORA GE"> (There isn't really a space between A and G, XDA is doing that and I can't get rid of it...strange!)
<group gid="sdcard_r"/>
<group gid="sdcard_rw"/>
<group gid="sdcard_all"/>
</permission>
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE">
<group gid="sdcard_rw"/>
<group gid="media_rw"/>
</permission>

The permissions for the file are 0644.

Here are some thoughts/questions:

1. Do you think READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE should have a <group gid="media_rw"/> under it as well???

2. Do you think it could it have something to do with the actual ExtSDCard folder permissions?
For example, in Root Explorer:

/mnt/extSdCard shows rwxrwxrwx (0777) permissions, until you actually select permissions then it shows rwxrwx--x (0771)....weird

/storage/extSdCard shows rwxrwx--x (0771)

Any idea why the permissions would be different?

3. FInally,do you think system/bin/sdcard file has anything to do with this? After I ran FolderMount and it didn't work, I reverted to the backed up "sdcard" file.

Again, thanks for all the work you have put in on this and for responding to my question. There has to be a way to make this work!
 
scoobysnack
Old
#977  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 511
Join Date: May 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Try using SuperSU 1.94 then run sdfix. I was having issues and that's how I fixed my problem. Just don't update SuperSU once you downgrade it.
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysnack For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Rootabaga
Old
#978  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnack View Post
Try using SuperSU 1.94 then run sdfix. I was having issues and that's how I fixed my problem. Just don't update SuperSU once you downgrade it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am currently running SuperSU 1.94. I immediately downgraded to 1.94 after I flashed the ROM when SuperSU 2.01 could not disable KNOX. Also, when I run SDfix, it says "No Action Necessary", meaning my platform.xml file is already "good".

Could you please tell me if ALL of your apps are able to read and write from your external SD card? Which ROM are you running?

Thanks again.
 
lacoursiere18
Old
#979  
lacoursiere18's Avatar
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3666
Posts: 2,697
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boca Raton

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootabaga View Post
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am currently running SuperSU 1.94. I immediately downgraded to 1.94 after I flashed the ROM when SuperSU 2.01 could not disable KNOX. Also, when I run SDfix, it says "No Action Necessary", meaning my platform.xml file is already "good".

Could you please tell me if ALL of your apps are able to read and write from your external SD card? Which ROM are you running?

Thanks again.
Only other thing I can think of is try the stock recovery wipe..it stickied under general section. @Deckoz2302 wrote it..works when I have mount issues

The Following User Says Thank You to lacoursiere18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes