Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [4.4.2] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [04/09/14]

Tip us?
 
a in yul
Old
(Last edited by a in yul; Yesterday at 08:30 AM.)
#481  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 177
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
thks for this; will try and keep you posted!

made the mistake of rebooting without installing the cmupdate.zip, ended up having lots of freezes,
now rebooted thrice and will see if netflix runs; fingers crossed!!

EDIT: no luck....; NETFLIX app indicates <loading> but nothing at all...
EDIT2: success!! i rebooted in TWRP and was able to install the cmupdate.zip; apparently i was not installing it from recovery...; thank you again!!
 
FishDoc
Old
#482  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
made the mistake of rebooting without installing the cmupdate.zip, ended up having lots of freezes,
now rebooted thrice and will see if netflix runs; fingers crossed!!

EDIT: no luck....; NETFLIX app indicates <loading> but nothing at all...
EDIT2: success!! i rebooted in TWRP and was able to install the cmupdate.zip; apparently i was not installing it from recovery...; thank you again!!
Excellent. How is the quality of the movies?
 
Bwangster12
Old
#483  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 547
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Is this "Netflix fix" something that fixes all video streaming? No, right?

Playing any internet video, Youtube for example... causes the app to crash and freeze up.
 
chris5s
Old
#484  
chris5s's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,090
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
Is this "Netflix fix" something that fixes all video streaming? No, right?

Playing any internet video, Youtube for example... causes the app to crash and freeze up.
I don't have an issue with youtube, or other internet videos.
Can't comment on netflix, I don't use that service.
Running 25/6 build, dirty flashed over previous jc build.

Cheers


Sent from my TouchPad using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lumia 820 - stock
HP Touchpad 16/32GB - webOS/Android…
 
FishDoc
Old
#485  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
Is this "Netflix fix" something that fixes all video streaming? No, right?

Playing any internet video, Youtube for example... causes the app to crash and freeze up.
No, I think it is Netflix specific. That said, I don't have any problem with youtube or any other internet video that I've tried.

FishDoc
 
a in yul
Old
#486  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 177
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDoc View Post
Excellent. How is the quality of the movies?
quality is great, thanks for your assistance!! its exactly like you said, few hiccups at the beginning but then it streams PURRfectly!!

As an aside; if i were to have added the file during via toolbox when initially booting CyanogenMod would that have worked? and i read about dirty flasing; how do i use toolbox to clean Darvik and Cache?? thks again!

thks again to JC et al!!
 
sstar
Old
#487  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 430
Posts: 1,206
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Brighton
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
quality is great, thanks for your assistance!! its exactly like you said, few hiccups at the beginning but then it streams PURRfectly!!

As an aside; if i were to have added the file during via toolbox when initially booting CyanogenMod would that have worked? and i read about dirty flasing; how do i use toolbox to clean Darvik and Cache?? thks again!

thks again to JC et al!!
Just use your recovery,, you will find Darvik under advanced.
The Following User Says Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FishDoc
Old
#488  
Member
Thanks Meter 30
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
quality is great, thanks for your assistance!! its exactly like you said, few hiccups at the beginning but then it streams PURRfectly!!

As an aside; if i were to have added the file during via toolbox when initially booting CyanogenMod would that have worked? and i read about dirty flasing; how do i use toolbox to clean Darvik and Cache?? thks again!

thks again to JC et al!!
Sorry, but I don't know. I'm sort of mule headed---when something works I quit looking for an easier path!!!
 
Bwangster12
Old
#489  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 547
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishDoc View Post
No, I think it is Netflix specific. That said, I don't have any problem with youtube or any other internet video that I've tried.

FishDoc
I've seen some say they have these video issues and other clearly don't. With that said, it's very frustrating. I can't use any CM11 Rom no matter what I do. Totally wipe, TPToolbox, etc.

Tags
cm11, hp touchpad, kitkat 4.4, tenderloin
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes