Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,404 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][TMO][TW-AOSP 4.4][07/18/2014] KT-SGS5 - NF6 - KTweaker

Tip us?

LuigiBull23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchedsky View Post
Is there any way to add a "Keyboard Open" minimum, like with media playing or GPS active? I've noticed a little lag with Swiftkey using the ktoonsified profiles, and using KTMonitor it seems like the keyboard just isn't loading the CPU enough, and the frequencies stay pretty low (~1000 Mhz). Or could there be a governor setting like "cpu_load_add_when_keyboard_open" like when the GPU is maxed?
That's usually an issue with Swiftkey but have you also tried the modded Ktoonsified profile? It scales CPU more rapidly so may just help in situations like this.

Quote:
ROM: Liquidsmooth v3.0 (Nightly 3/13) ~ LiquidSmooth [Q&A/T]
Kernel: KT-SGS4 ~ Ktweaker Shop / Ktweaker User Guide
Radio: MDL
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Mods: Xposed + Greenify + Project Comatose - Rebirthing profile
Andriod Terminology / Development Guide

ktoonsez
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 37597

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Is there any way to add a "Keyboard Open" minimum, like with media playing or GPS active? I've noticed a little lag with Swiftkey using the ktoonsified profiles, and using KTMonitor it seems like the keyboard just isn't loading the CPU enough, and the frequencies stay pretty low (~1000 Mhz). Or could there be a governor setting like "cpu_load_add_when_keyboard_open" like when the GPU is maxed?
Unfortunately the kernel doesn't know that u started the keyboard so its not possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you like my work, donate with this link:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/dona....php?u=4325945

scorchedsky
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktoonsez View Post
Unfortunately the kernel doesn't know that u started the keyboard so its not possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Think I got it figured out, after comparing Ktoonsified V2 and "modded" Ktoonsified, I realized I had set my touch boost way low. Setting it to 1800 MHz seems to be fine. Surprisingly, there's no good way for any app to tell whether the soft keyboard is showing in Android, let alone the kernel...who knew?

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Think I got it figured out, after comparing Ktoonsified V2 and "modded" Ktoonsified, I realized I had set my touch boost way low. Setting it to 1800 MHz seems to be fine. Surprisingly, there's no good way for any app to tell whether the soft keyboard is showing in Android, let alone the kernel...who knew?
SwiftKey is a very poor app. Horrendous coding. Great concept/features but I find it's coding quite sloppy. I can't believe an input method needs almost 2 GHz to function!

There are ways of determining if the keyboard is shown. Xposed is easiest, but this might be a feature I'll include in my GovProfiler app.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LuigiBull23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
SwiftKey is a very poor app. Horrendous coding. Great concept/features but I find it's coding quite sloppy. I can't believe an input method needs almost 2 GHz to function!

There are ways of determining if the keyboard is shown. Xposed is easiest, but this might be a feature I'll include in my GovProfiler app.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
You can be a real tease at times, you know that? That would be a great addition to your app

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to LuigiBull23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuigiBull23 View Post
You can be a real tease at times, you know that? That would be a great addition to your app
I'm also gonna add per app settings I find my GPS Navigation software a bit slow and thats not good when trying to quickly look at things and drive
The Following User Says Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LuigiBull23
Old
(Last edited by LuigiBull23; Today at 02:57 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5225

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
i'm also gonna add per app settings i find my gps navigation software a bit slow and thats not good when trying to quickly look at things and drive
AWESOME!!!!!!

Quote:

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4248

DONATE TO ME
In the meantime, i finished my current charging widget. Quickly change the mA charging limit without entering ktweaker I'll post it in @LuigiBull23 's general help thread

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elesbb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]